Castrol Edge VS Amsoil OE

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

3179 miles on Amsoil OE. Added 7 ounches, first time I have had to ad oil since switching to Amsoil OE. 46672 miles on it. Switched to Amsoil OE at 30995 miles, bought used with 22595 miles.

Was using Castrol Edge before the switch to Amsoil OE and I was adding 7-8 ounces between oil changes. Will this usage continue?

6 hours ago, diyer2 said:

3179 miles on Amsoil OE. Added 7 ounces, first time I have had to add oil since switching to Amsoil OE. 46672 miles on it. Switched to Amsoil OE at 30995 miles, bought used with 22595 miles.

Was using Castrol Edge before the switch to Amsoil OE and I was adding 7-8 ounces between oil changes. Will this usage continue?

:dunno:

• Thanks 1

On 11/22/2023 at 9:14 AM, diyer2 said:

3179 miles on Amsoil OE. Added 7 ounches, first time I have had to ad oil since switching to Amsoil OE. 46672 miles on it. Switched to Amsoil OE at 30995 miles, bought used with 22595 miles.

Find out WHY but you might have to use Black02Silverado ISO CERTIFIED OIL ANALYSIS to find out. 

Happy Thanksgiving to all. 

• 1 month later...