5 hours ago, Grumpy Bear said:

First car I bought. 66 Ford Galaxie 500. Looked identical to this one. Same color! Even kept the hub caps. 

BangShift.com This 1966 Ford Galaxie 500 Was Just Traded In To A  Dealership...Interested? - BangShift.com

.030" over 352 4V Interceptor, 3 speed FMX. 9" Nodular with a Detrtiot Locker and 4.30 gear. Bosteder Sr. (Arnie Beswick) built trans. HTC prepared 360 forged truck crank, ARS blueprinted 427 rods. 9:1 TRW pistons, 335/390 ported heads. 428 CJ cam/lifter (CZA6250B). 428 SCJ alloy dual plane intake. 427 high ratio rockers/stands. Holley R1850 600 😉  Mallory dual point ignitor. I did my own distributor and carb tuning and porting/bench work. Moroso air filter, windage tray, 6 quart pan, pump. Wolfs Head 10W30. SUNOCO 260. American Rod Shop (Roger Griffin) did the machine work. All FORD save the oiling system. I and a friend did the assembly work. Scott Evans did the paint and my wife stitched up the interior. 

A sweet little 357 Magnum. 

Custom made for the car Kustom Headers long tube (Michigan) with Castler 3" glasspacks hanging off the long collectors and H pipe and turndown tips. There was nothing off the shelf at the time. This rattled store windows on main street and the confidence of quite a few 60's BBC GM full size cars. A money maker people laughed at...until......  It was the early 70's. Cops never bothered me. 

At 55 mph down US 30 spun 3,000 and gave 8 mpg. A drive between Clinton and Cedar Rapids also required a a few aspirin and some ear plugs. Oh and more than a tank of gas. 

I drove this on the street for about 4 years. (had to pay for itself) Retired to the track for 1 year (cost to much). Gave the driveline to my painters older brother in exchange for some more paint work and cut the car up with a gas axe and put it in a dumpster. Everyone wanted to steal it, no one wanted to pay for it. So...no one got it. 

:rant:

3 speed with electric overdrive was a riot and fast for that model. Father in law ordered a brand new one with 390 4V and 3 speed on tree with that OD system. Not sure which rear gear it had.  It would clock faster than anyone wanted to take it.   Indiana car so frame rusted out in 80's and boom its worthless. 

23 minutes ago, customboss said:

3 speed with electric overdrive was a riot and fast for that model. Father in law ordered a brand new one with 390 4V and 3 speed on tree with that OD system. Not sure which rear gear it had.  It would clock faster than anyone wanted to take it.   Indiana car so frame rusted out in 80's and boom its worthless. 

Dad had a few of these between 65 and 67. A maroon 65 390 4V 4 speed with locker and 3.90 gear. Wicked quick. A 66 390 4V with a C6 three speed and 3.0 gear. Stupid fast. And mothers 67 289 C4/ Fun car.   

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Grumpy Bear said:

Dad had a few of these between 65 and 67. A maroon 65 390 4V 4 speed with locker and 3.90 gear. Wicked quick. A 66 390 4V with a C6 three speed and 3.0 gear. Stupid fast. And mothers 67 289 C4/ Fun car.   

3.90 locker for Dad in law.  RIP 

3 hours ago, customboss said:

3.90 locker for Dad in law.  RIP 

Sorry to here about the RIP. 

Back to that frame rust issue. Yes. That boxed section right behind the firewall was horrid.  

Gear is...was...one of the biggest values in hot rodding. Had this 67 Mustang Coupe 200 CID I6 1V C4 and 4.10 gear/ladder that was a whole lot of fun for a city block. Work car. Gear can make Mighty Mouse look like King Kong....for a few hundred feet :rollin:

• Like 1