Ordering new 2022

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, kbryant5 said:

I placed an order this week. Was told cab lights are now unavailable 

Did you make sure it was not just a Limited? Most sources I have seen say that ordering the new style 22 is about a month or so away.

I got an allocation from the dealership on wed. Been waiting a month or so on a list. Dealer called wed morning and said by end of day it would be placed. Pretty simple truck, 22 custom 2500hd crew 4x4 with gooseneck package. Just need it to haul my kids and our 5th wheel. First truck I’ve owned without clearance lights. Oh well things could be worse

• Like 2

Hello all, been wanting a new truck for a few years however haven't pulled the trigger per say due to color combinations and design looks. Excited about the 2022 refreshed GMC Sierra 1500. Was told many times in the past (even by dealers) not to order/get the first year a truck is made so GM could work out the bugs the first year. Always get the 2nd or after year. Is there any truth to this or others just BSing me?

I want to order a specific color or special color combination. You see some of those off the main stream exterior colors here and there. Don't want to be the same as others in a weird kind of way. Is there a place where i can find off the regular color rigs that didn't make the color cut per say for the vehicles. Or am I stuck with the colors they have.

Another inquiry. IF GM is the same company (Sierra - Silverado) why cant i get colors (SPECIAL ORDER) in the combination I want if special ordering. Doesnt make sense if i want a GMC Sierra 1500 in say Brown exterior with the 2 tone brown interior with floor console in an Elevation. Don't want a standard black interior. Can get in Silverado I have built but not Sierra. Can anyone enlighten me on this other than the regular thats the way it is type answer or as some time smart alick responses.

Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

This isn't a totally new truck. It's still the same platform from the year before.. only thing new is the interior and the grill.  The totally new truck is in 2025. I'm not sure about color combos but I think you can only pick from a hand full of colors gmc offers and like 2 different interior colors. Chevy and gmc are owned by the same company GM. But are their own entities. Kinda like taco bell and pizza hut. Same owner but different company. Hope I didn't make this more confusing. 

Edited by mthree bmw

i ordered a 2022 gmc 3500 diesel Denali  on july 9  it was built in aug and a hold put on it aug 31 and it still sitting there no one can give me any answers what the hold is for and why they put the hold on it it would sure be nice if someone could answer the question as what is going on with the truck i have talked to several different people at gm with no luck getting a answer so far