Ordering new 2022

How come when i call all of my local dealerships that they tell me they are not accepting orders for the refresh yet... seems like they all would have access if any of them did. I see several of you have already placed your orders.

5 hours ago, Aycock1987 said:

How come when i call all of my local dealerships that they tell me they are not accepting orders for the refresh yet... seems like they all would have access if any of them did. I see several of you have already placed your orders.

Might mean they have already ordered their current allocation. 

I had a reservation at a dealer local to me and they kept swinging between allocation issues and asking the president of the dealership if it was ok to order….I made a reservation immediately after the reveal online…went to another dealer they were happy to accommodate my order on Monday and said the factory is retooling now or soon and they would keep me in the loop as the order progressed. I did put down money

I paid the $100 to reserve an AT4X last Fall. Salesman contacted me yesterday and told me that GM is only allowing me to pick the color, and I cannot select any options. Weird. They are not asking for a down payment nor quoting me a price.

I placed the order and am hopeful I can add options at a later point and that I do not have to deal with any malarkey further down the process. I purchased my current 2019 AT4 from them, and that buying experience was great. Hopefully this goes the same.

I just ordered a 2022 HD but my dealer is telling me it will probably be a 2023 by time it gets built! I'm not sure if the refresh will hit the HD trucks by then and what the price will be but ill take the gamble! 

I put a reservation down for a 2022 AT4X as well. Dealer called two weeks ago to pick a color. Very hard to pick a color, when they are just photoshopped over a standard image. Ended up going with Titanium Rush metallic. Only other question I was asked was if I wanted side steps or not.  No idea when it will be built/delivered. Dealer said that I would get email notifications when order was accepted and at varius stages of the build. 

Edited by obrien19

I am waiting to order a 1500 double cab. Dealer said yesterday they aren't even accepting orders for 1500 and don't know when.

Would like to see the colors as well for the refreshed rigs. This is getting ridiculous.

GM sent me an email with the brochure. It looks like most of the options are dealer accessories. I did not see the Borla as an option, which is a requirement for me.

Truck looks fully loaded otherwise.

Ordered refreshed 2022 Sierra Denali 1500, last month received a call from the dealer and configure options and color. Price was discussed over the phone and dealer also sent the build sheet. The price of the base Denali 1500 is $65,395, the build came to $67,090 after options.

Here is my timeline so far:

11/27/21 - Paid $100 deposit on GMC website for the reservation

01/19/22 - Received a call from the dealer, configure color and options.

02/04/22 - Received email fro GM saying my order was accepted and production will start.

... waiting on updates at the moment

On 2/7/2022 at 6:20 PM, bgsntth said:

GM sent me an email with the brochure. It looks like most of the options are dealer accessories. I did not see the Borla as an option, which is a requirement for me.

Truck looks fully loaded otherwise.

I was able to order WBC LPO Cat back GM Performance Exhaust on mine. $1895 It is a dealer installed option. Everyone says it is made by Borla.

This is my timeline.

1. Reserved Sierra 1500 AT4 through GMC website for $100 on 1/7/22.

2. Dealer contacted me on 1/27/22 to place order. Total was $68,470 pretty much fully loaded.

3. Got email from GMC on 2/4/22 with the customer order guide which was late since I had already placed my order.

4. Waiting for whatever the next step is...

Something I did not know is that the AT4 only comes with Duramax or 6.2 L engines. I ordered the 6.2L. I could upload the "receipt" if you'd like.

Edited by edgart

On 2/9/2022 at 10:21 AM, BigBadSierra said:

I just got the call Sat Feb 5  going next week on Tuesday to order the new refresh. They can do orders they still don't have final price lists.

So playing the Lottery the Refresh price has not jumped yet.

They can absolutely see the pricing right now. It took me a month of harassing every local dealer but I was finally able to put in an order for an AT4 on Monday which shows my MSRP with options as $64510. I noticed that GM upped the pricing at https://www.gmc.com/future-vehicles/2022-sierra for the AT4 from $60995 to $62095 so I must've gotten in on the old pricing. The email GMC sent about my reservation says "Reserved vehicle MSRPs are subject to change in GM’s discretion any time before an order is placed. Placing an order with your dealer will lock in the then current MSRP." I have a feeling my window sticker will come in showing a higher price so convincing them to stick with the original is going to be awfully fun. This happened to me when I ordered a 2010 Camaro and I had to raise hell with the dealer when I picked it up to make sure they didn't try to charge me the higher price even though GM was billing them under the lower pricing. 

The dealer I placed my order through had been telling me they couldn't place orders until now but I found a page on their site that has 8 dealer stock orders already in 🙄. A lot of the problem is sales guys don't know much and typically don't have access to the Order Workbench so they don't know what they're talking about. My order is at status 1100  but they and another dealer told me Monday that AT4, AT4X, and Denali are all constrained so who knows when it will be accepted by GM and move to 2000.

Edited by UCF w00t