Ordering new 2022

3 hours ago, UCF w00t said:

They can absolutely see the pricing right now. It took me a month of harassing every local dealer but I was finally able to put in an order for an AT4 on Monday which shows my MSRP with options as $64510. I noticed that GM upped the pricing at https://www.gmc.com/future-vehicles/2022-sierra for the AT4 from $60995 to $62095 so I must've gotten in on the old pricing. The email GMC sent about my reservation says "Reserved vehicle MSRPs are subject to change in GM’s discretion any time before an order is placed. Placing an order with your dealer will lock in the then current MSRP." I have a feeling my window sticker will come in showing a higher price so convincing them to stick with the original is going to be awfully fun. This happened to me when I ordered a 2010 Camaro and I had to raise hell with the dealer when I picked it up to make sure they didn't try to charge me the higher price even though GM was billing them under the lower pricing. 

The dealer I placed my order through had been telling me they couldn't place orders until now but I found a page on their site that has 8 dealer stock orders already in 🙄. A lot of the problem is sales guys don't know much and typically don't have access to the Order Workbench so they don't know what they're talking about. My order is at status 1100  but they and another dealer told me Monday that AT4, AT4X, and Denali are all constrained so who knows when it will be accepted by GM and move to 2000.

How do you check the status of your order?

Just put down a deposit on a refreshed '22 AT4 in the Titanium Rush colour.

Again, I wish there was a better option for seeing the colours rather than photoshop but it is what it is.

Pricey though, mine came in at just over $82k Cnd 

20 hours ago, edgart said:

Go to gmc.com and open the little chat thing. When it asks you what you want say "track order" and give it your order number and the bot will respond with the current status.

20 hours ago, edgart said:

Go to gmc.com and open the little chat thing. When it asks you what you want say "track order" and give it your order number and the bot will respond with the current status.

It sounds like I'm in the same boat as many.  I reserved a 2022 AT4 1500 and am waiting for an allocation.  I built a vehicle and have a bunch of codes that don't mean much to me, because so much has changed with the package arrangements since 2021 and 2022 limited.  Does this sound correct?

I would love to know what is in the following:

PDG AT4 Premium Plus Package

PDO AT4 Preferred Package

I have DEZ Mirrors O/S Power Adjustable, Heated, Power Folding.  Does this mean I need the technology package, or what used to be the technology package?

I assume the NQH transfer Case: Active 2-Speed Auotrac Rotary is the one I want.  It has 4 low, right.

Any cheat sheet or advice would be great.

Please let me know if I can help.

2022 AT4 Build.pdf

8 hours ago, aptyp said:

Great link. I wish the dealer showed me this when I ordered a refreshed 22 Denali in January. Nice to see the interiors and wheel options.

Edited by smit303

20 hours ago, Rusty_Shackleford said:

It sounds like I'm in the same boat as many.  I reserved a 2022 AT4 1500 and am waiting for an allocation.  I built a vehicle and have a bunch of codes that don't mean much to me, because so much has changed with the package arrangements since 2021 and 2022 limited.  Does this sound correct?

I would love to know what is in the following:

PDG AT4 Premium Plus Package

PDO AT4 Preferred Package

I have DEZ Mirrors O/S Power Adjustable, Heated, Power Folding.  Does this mean I need the technology package, or what used to be the technology package?

I assume the NQH transfer Case: Active 2-Speed Auotrac Rotary is the one I want.  It has 4 low, right.

Any cheat sheet or advice would be great.

Please let me know if I can help.

2022 AT4 Build.pdf 193.82 kB · 4 downloads

In addition to the one aptyp posted, here's the more detailed ordering guide. Has all the breakdowns of what each code means and includes. https://www.gmfleetorderguide.com/NASApp/domestic/proddesc.jsp?year=2022&regionID=1&divisionID=2&type=0&vehicleID=22364&section=modelhome&page=&butID=1

Fwiw the gist I got from dealers near me is they had allocation but that AT4 and denali was constrained so who knows. 

9 hours ago, smit303 said:

Great link. I wish the dealer showed me this when I ordered a refreshed 22 Denali in January. Nice to see the interiors and wheel options.

I'm guessing the dealers don't know about that guide. It was sent to people with reservations on Feb 4th. It sounds to me like this is an unusual situation... For orders to be open with no customer-facing configurator available. They probably threw that guide together to help fill the gap. 

• Like 1

Thank you very much for the links!

That's great for everyone.

The Costco builder idea was good too, you can build them on that site. Though I don't see PDG Premium Plus package for an AT4.  I'm not sure why.  

I made my reservation so long ago I'm sure my dealer does not know if we discussed price.  I might use this in case I run into a old pricing/new pricing scenario.

On 2/11/2022 at 11:01 PM, aptyp said:

I'm trying to find this for the 2022 Silverado.  I ordered a ZR2 yesterday but it hasn't been accepted yet. This would be super useful in making sure I get exactly what I'm looking for. 

Oh, searching around I found the new Silverado's owners manual. 

https://www.chevrolet.com/bypass/pcf/gma-content-api/resources/sites/GMA/content/staging/MANUALS/5000/MA5633/en_US/1.0/22_CHEV_Silverado_1500_OM_en_US_U_84719634A_2021DEC07.pdf

On 2/14/2022 at 2:42 PM, nibael said:

I have a ZR2 silverado ordered, build week is 3/21. 

What dealership did you order from? I'm in Alabama and my dealership said i have to wait on an Allocation 

6 hours ago, Sgt Beavis said:

I'm trying to find this for the 2022 Silverado.  I ordered a ZR2 yesterday but it hasn't been accepted yet. This would be super useful in making sure I get exactly what I'm looking for. 

Oh, searching around I found the new Silverado's owners manual. 

https://www.chevrolet.com/bypass/pcf/gma-content-api/resources/sites/GMA/content/staging/MANUALS/5000/MA5633/en_US/1.0/22_CHEV_Silverado_1500_OM_en_US_U_84719634A_2021DEC07.pdf

That owner's manual appears to be a 2022 Limited edition. Looking at the picture of the dash, definitely a 2019-2021/2022 old version. GM screwed the pooched with this limited/ refreshed lingo.