2022 Rally edition questions

chucku

Im looking to purchase a rally edition.  I dont like the racing stripes on the tailgate.  Are these removable?  My friend said they might be painted and or clear coated over.  If thats the case I guess I could wrap over it with the original color.  I love the 20'' wheels and step tubes.  Plus its the only double cab white silverado that I can find.

On 11/23/2021 at 3:11 PM, chucku said:

Im looking to purchase a rally edition.  I dont like the racing stripes on the tailgate.  Are these removable?  My friend said they might be painted and or clear coated over.  If thats the case I guess I could wrap over it with the original color.  I love the 20'' wheels and step tubes.  Plus its the only double cab white silverado that I can find.

Welcome to the site.

Any of the stripes should just be decals/stickers. Easier to get off when they are new.

On 11/23/2021 at 6:11 PM, chucku said:

All the stripes are vinyl.  No paint, no clear.  

Edited by newdude

In GM 'marketing' lingo LD refers to the 1500 series and HD refers to the 2500/3500 series.

In industry terms all these trucks are light duty.

Medium duty classes start above 3500, and the with a heavy duty class above that.

Each size is subject to different federal regulations. 

Licensing and registration at state/provincial level is often also dependent on 'class'

Edited by redwngr

My understanding is:  In 2019, there were two 1500’s being sold.  The 1500 based on the K2 platform 2014-2018 model year which received the “LD” designation and the 2019 New Body which was based on the new T1 platform.   Similar to 2022.  The “Limited” is based on the 2019-2021 design.   While the 2022 (no Limited) is the re-fresh design.   Newdude probably can correct any mistakes I made here.