What is your front and rear wheel well height on your AT4?

Looking for wheel well height on stock 1500 AT4.

If you are “leveled”, what are your heights?

I just got icon’s “leveling” kit (1 1/2-3 1/2” adjustable), WITH the Icon rear shocks.

I made the mistake of not checking stock measurements before install.

My heights with Icon level are:

front right: 41”

front left: 40 3/4”

Rears: 40”

Truck is going back to 4 Wheel Parts to lower the fronts.

AND, at these heights,  the truck is NOT happy driving in AWD mode, especially on acceleration.

Thanks for any help.

Edited by Gmoeller

The front is about the height that mine is sitting after the Icon kit. I do not have an AT4 or trailboss version, so unfortunately I am now squatting quite a bit in the back. I am going to put 2" rear blocks in the back to fix the squat.

What is your truck doing when in AWD? From the install I have, all the CV and upper control arm angles look great, better than when I previously had a spacer kit. Is it not letting you go into AWD, or is it making some kind of noise? Im interested incase mine does the same. I have not tried this setting yet since the install.

Thanks.

2” block will help you, but it still may sit nose high.  It all depends how high they cranked the front up.  Your front wheel well should be no more than 40” to stay in Icons recommended range.  The Icon front strut is adjustable from “1 1/2 to 3 1/2”, but it will also adjust higher with more turns, hence putting stress on CV angles, etc….

At this moment, I think 4 Wheel Parts has it cranked up 4 to 4 1/4 inches…since stock non AT4 height is 37”.  I’m at 41+.

And I’m already getting excessive wear on the outer edge of the right side front tire.

1200 miles on odometer.
No bueno.

And…

When driving  in AWD mode it makes a VERY strained sound upon heavier acceleration.  I read somewhere on here that the excessive lift could be stressing the transfer case, differential, CV axle, CV joints, but I don’t know what that means…I know nothing about suspensions. 😞

I just don’t know what the fix is.

I only drive it in 2WD mode for now until I get the front lowered more, and hope it resolves the problem.

Edited by Gmoeller
More…

One more question, where did you find from Icon that the front wheel well should not be more than 40 inches? Wouldn't the size of your tire have an impact on this number as well as the amount of adjustment on the shock? If you had 35's you would be up higher than 33's, etc...

• Looking at the ICON web site most of the kits have a little footnote that states the adjustable lift height for the AT 4 is 0" to 1.5" , not the 1.5 to 3.5 (regular trucks) Could it be cranked up too much?? Also have the installer check how severe the front axle angle is.
  • Thanks 1