Under seat storage? 2019 Silverado Double cab

27 minutes ago, Pale Rider said:

seems all the nice under seat storage trays are for the crew cab. I have factory carpet with Chevrolet rubber full mats that interlock. What are you guys using for under seat storage? TIA

I have this bought from dealer. Double Cab Underseat Storage Organizer in Black | Chevrolet Accessories 

15 minutes ago, Silverado4x4 said:

I have seen that one on the net. seems small for the price. I`m wondering why can`t we use one for a crew cab? isn`t the floor the same? There are no Human occupants in the back seat of my truck. My Dogs sit in a pet hammock. so I wouldn`t need room for anyones feet... The Rough Country storage is nice, but can not get any info if it would physically fit. 

11 minutes ago, Pale Rider said:

I have seen that one on the net. seems small for the price. I`m wondering why can`t we use one for a crew cab? isn`t the floor the same? There are no Human occupants in the back seat of my truck. My Dogs sit in a pet hammock. so I wouldn`t need room for anyones feet... The Rough Country storage is nice, but can not get any info if it would physically fit. 

Can't use a crew cab as the seat bottom is wider than a double cab seat so it will stick out from the front when the seat is down but if you not worried about it then it should fit. The floors are the same on the double cab and crew cab just the floor on the crew cab is longer than the double cab floor.

Go to the link I sent and compare the two one for double cab and one for crew cab it will give you the specs on each

Edited by Silverado4x4

45 minutes ago, Silverado4x4 said:

Can't use a crew cab as the seat bottom is wider than a double cab seat so it will stick out from the front when the seat is down but if you not worried about it then it should fit. The floors are the same on the double cab and crew cab just the floor on the crew cab is longer than the double cab floor.

Go to the link I sent and compare the two one for double cab and one for crew cab it will give you the specs on each

the only other one I found on that site was the black lockable one, yes it does look deeper. I`m ok with it sticking out. comparing the 2 seats does not look it would stick out by much more than a few inches... 

9 hours ago, Pale Rider said:

the only other one I found on that site was the black lockable one, yes it does look deeper. I`m ok with it sticking out. comparing the 2 seats does not look it would stick out by much more than a few inches... 

That's what she said

Edited by Transient
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Jac365 said:

I have the Du Ha posted by Chrisr2021 above. Very sturdy. Wish it had a lockable top but other than that I'm very happy with the amount it will hold.

The grass is always geener in the other side.  I have the version with the lockable lid in my crew cab and wish I got the version without the lid.  With the lid you need to fold up both sides of the seat since the lid is one piece.  If you have a passenger, instead of asking them to move over, you have to ask them to get out of the truck.   Imo, be happy you don't have a lid. 

Btw, Du-Ha's website has the storage bins listed cheaper than e-trailer.

I wound up going with the Chevrolet Factory under seat storage... they won...

from ShopChevyParts.com   

update, the item is in transit, I will comment once its here and installed. 

1 x  2019 Silverado 1500 Underseat Storage Organizer, Double Cab, Black (84310404)
Edited by Pale Rider
add

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

digging up kind of an old thread I know, but what all was involved with install?  I have this same storage tray under the seat of my crew cab from factory and I feel like I've got a lot of wasted space since it doesn't come all the way out under the seat.  Was thinking about pulling it out and trying to extend both ends to push the overall tray out further.  Haven't looked out how it actually mounts.

36 minutes ago, 3point0 said:

i was just thinking of trying this also. its held buy 4 bolts i belive, the 2 that hold the jack, the one that holds the tools and one in the corner in front of the tools.

Ah cool, doesn’t sound bad.  Post up if you end up extending yours 3point0.