Dealer/Warranty Concerns if swapping wheels/tires over to other factory available size?

38 minutes ago, newdude said:

That's because the Trail Boss doesn't come with 275/60R20 anymore and its not an option on it.  Tires are 275/65R18 or 265/60R20.  AT4 can still get the 275/60R20 so going from factory equipped 18s to the AT4 optional 20s would be an option for an AT4 owner.

That said, 265/60R20 is 32.6" tire, 275/60R20 is 33" so if you want to switch to that size, there is no need to program.  Your speedo will be off 0.5mph, not enough to worry about programming or a Pulsar.  

Yep, the problem is I am going from the 275/65/18 and trying to get dealer to recalibrate and the wheels I bought I are the AT4 275/60/20 so they said GM won't give them the code.  Im betting if I had 265/60/20 I woulda been OK.  That's why I was thinking Pulsar at this time.  Also, no way I want 265/60/20 Tires as when I looked them up, options are much lesser and cost more than the 275/65/20 size.

11 minutes ago, Ricky_Starbucks said:

Yep, the problem is I am going from the 275/65/18 and trying to get dealer to recalibrate and the wheels I bought I are the AT4 275/60/20 so they said GM won't give them the code.  Im betting if I had 265/60/20 I woulda been OK.  That's why I was thinking Pulsar at this time.  Also, no way I want 265/60/20 Tires as when I looked them up, options are much lesser and cost more than the 275/65/20 size.

And they won't calibrate because the Trail Boss isn't configurable with the 275/60R20 any more.  Pulsar will be your best option.  

16 minutes ago, Ricky_Starbucks said:

Check out this screen grab from https://tiresize.com/comparison/

Notice the "speedometer error" chart. I think maybe the only problem you'll have is some rubbing that can easily be taken care of... Go for it !!

Tire Size.png

Edited by thekcwolf
Added content

2 minutes ago, newdude said:

And they won't calibrate because the Trail Boss isn't configurable with the 275/60R20 any more.  Pulsar will be your best option.  

That's what I was figuring.  Hoping my trials and tribulations may save time for someone else if they attempt the same as me.

Have you seen any issues with a Pulsar?  I know I mentioned a different calibration device and you had commented to be careful with it.

Thanks newdude!