2015 Sierra won't move

I have a 2015 GMC Sierra 1500 5.3 V8, been having issues lately with what seems to be shifting and gears wise. Started off riding really rough when shifting from V4 to V8 while accelerating, now this morning I left for work and came to the neighborhood stop sign and it completely stopped moving while in Drive, hitting accelerator the truck did not budge, still running and will shift into different gears but just won't move! No Dash lights have popped on at all. Help please!
Edited by txab
  • Sad 1

• txab changed the title to 2015 Sierra won't move
1 hour ago, Ashlee Robinson said:

What about the Selector Switch ? 

Thinking either your torque converter or transmission have decided to fail.

You mentioned strange shifting, did you have a sensation of driving over "rumble strips" at around 1500 RPM, maybe 30 to 60 MPH?

Worst case you have soup for gears and the tranny is toast because the converter spat itself through it, or maybe best case scenario the shift cable is broken- but I'm pretty sure it just wouldn't shift if the cable were broken. Been awhile since I fixed that part so I don't recall.

JimCost is asking a good question that would help you determine.

On 12/29/2021 at 8:40 AM, Ashlee Robinson said:

I have a 2015 GMC Sierra 1500 5.3 V8, been having issues lately with what seems to be shifting and gears wise. Started off riding really rough when shifting from V4 to V8 while accelerating, now this morning I left for work and came to the neighborhood stop sign and it completely stopped moving while in Drive, hitting accelerator the truck did not budge, still running and will shift into different gears but just won't move! No Dash lights have popped on at all. Help please!

Transmission pump failure.  GM Remans come with a 100K warranty.  This time around, change the fluid every 40K miles and put in the lower temp transmission thermostat.  Change the torque converter too.

• 1 year later...