Cargo light kit installation for 2019 WT

2019 WT crew cab short box. I want to install this cargo light kit but cannot find any installation instruction or video for 2019~. I found some in YouTube for 2015 (installed under the bedrails) but not 2019~. Is it the same? As per GM website, it is $155 (part No 84659238 ) which is only for one unit or a pair? Do I have to buy any wiring harness too? If anyone already installed this, please let me know. Thank you. 

IMG_7209.jpg

Edited by Interleukin6

• Interleukin6 changed the title to Cargo light kit installation for 2019 WT

My truck came with the lights but they just pop in place of the plastic plugs and then plug into the tail light harness. There should be an empty connector there already. Remove a tail light and pull it out and you should see it there.

• Thanks 1

I think they're fine myself. I have a retractable tonneau and they are the only lights with it closed and I find them adequate. I've read others say they're not bright enough for them.

FYI, I had to return the lights to my dealer because it requires programing for my WT after installation (a program code on the instruction in the box as well). Dealer said $130~140s for programing. I think paying ~$300 (part $155 + $130~140 for programing) is not worth for this. Thank you. 

1 hour ago, Interleukin6 said:

FYI, I had to return the lights to my dealer because it requires programing for my WT after installation (a program code on the instruction in the box as well). Dealer said $130~140s for programing. I think paying ~$300 (part $155 + $130~140 for programing) is not worth for this. Thank you. 

You can go with aftermarket, something like this.
https://www.amazon.com/Nilight-Splitter-Extension-Warranty-TL-31/dp/B08N429SKJ/ref=sr_1_6?crid=32MGX70LJAONS&keywords=truck+bed+light&qid=1643226135&sprefix=truck+bed+light%2Caps%2C104&sr=8-6

Light.jpg

• 1 year later...

I'm dealing with the same problem outlined in this thread.  I have the GM lights for my Silverado, but are wrestling with the dealer programming piece.  I heard OBD Genie offers a device that can do the programming/activation so the lights would  work.   Does anyone have experience with this.    

IMO the factory ones suck if you have a bed cover or canopy, they should have put one in EACH corner instead of just the back.

I just installed LED strips all around the inside of the bed and made  a video of it that I will post soon.

It made a HUGE difference over the factory ones for me since I have a tri-fold hard cover and need to get up in there at night frequently.

Again had GM put them in each corner it would be great for everyone.