Wire harness under passenger headlight behind bumper.

Is it the ambient air temp sensor? It looks like it should be mounted to the oval hole above it but it fell out.

If you can't see male or female connectors and there is a "plug" in it, then it's likely an air temp sensor.

3 minutes ago, fastk9dad said:

Is it the ambient air temp sensor? It looks like it should be mounted to the oval hole above it but it fell out.

If you can't see male or female connectors and there is a "plug" in it, then it's likely an air temp sensor.

hmm.. didn't think of that.. looking back at my photo, it appears to be a female plug...will have to research this lead.. thank you

3 minutes ago, nguyet34 said:

hmm.. didn't think of that.. looking back at my photo, it appears to be a female plug...will have to research this lead.. thank you

You're welcome. Looking at the video and your photo they almost appear to be the same length but we are looking at the underside of yours and the front side of the one in the video as its attached to the frame.

1 minute ago, fastk9dad said:

You're welcome. Looking at the video and your photo they almost appear to be the same length but we are looking at the underside of yours and the front side of the one in the video as its attached to the frame.

they should both be on the front facing side.. mine is just a tad zoomed in. 

8 hours ago, gemarsh said:

I was lead to believe the air temp sensor was in the passenger mirror. 

I looked it up on Alldata and you are correct. It does not appear to be for fog lights as that harness connection point is supposed to be behind the right headlight.

Edited by fastk9dad

I'm going with it's the harness plug for the parking sensors. Look where the sub harness connection is located within the bumper (circled in yellow) it looks like it should line up with the harness plug on the frame.

Screenshot 2022-03-18 084457.jpg

13 minutes ago, fastk9dad said:

I'm going with it's the harness plug for the parking sensors. Look where the sub harness connection is located within the bumper (circled in yellow) it looks like it should line up with the harness plug on the frame.

Screenshot 2022-03-18 084457.jpg

Agreed. I’m going to chalk it up to the parking assist sensors as well. Was searching all night and may have found something,  although, in the back of my mind, not sure why the video above had it connected but there were no sensor holes on the bumper. Thanks everyone! Should we close this out and call it a day?

• Like 1