Has anyone found a good wheel well tool box

Since I have a tonneau cover my options are limited but I'd like something that can fit and be mounted in the dead space behind the wheel well in the bed. My crate just isn't cutting the mustard.

I've seen the swing boxes but they block the bed light, power outlet and mount with self tapping screws and stick out way too far, so no bueno on those. 

8 hours ago, 1454 said:

Have you seen this one? I have considered buying it for mine. 

Thanks I have. I like the concept but with a tonneau I'd have to open it every time I wanted to get something out. Ideally I'd like something that could like at cabinet at the back of the wells.

I may go with the Built Right Molle panels, not exactly what I'm looking for, but it gives me options for attaching things, even a small crate potentially.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, fastk9dad said:

Thanks I have. I like the concept but with a tonneau I'd have to open it every time I wanted to get something out. Ideally I'd like something that could like at cabinet at the back of the wells.

I may go with the Built Right Molle panels, not exactly what I'm looking for, but it gives me options for attaching things, even a small crate potentially.

If your going to do molle panels, do the Valhalla Off Road Research M.A.P.S. panels.  They are a very solid and durable product made in the good ol' US with 12 gauge steel and a super tough coating:).  I beat the heck out of mine and absolutely would recommend them to anybody.  If I remember correctly, each panel supports 250 lbs, but I could be mistaken.

https://valhallaoffroad.com/maps/vq4crf0ky2nl2v3pr76zk7kllitdj6

579958474_VORRPanel.thumb.jpg.2244501514c57f1dfcd9f73362764a4d.jpg

Edited by Gangly

1 hour ago, Gangly said:

If your going to do molle panels, do the Valhalla Off Road Research M.A.P.S. panels.  They are a very solid and durable product made in the good ol' US with 12 gauge steel and a super tough coating:).  I beat the heck out of mine and absolutely would recommend them to anybody.  If I remember correctly, each panel supports 250 lbs, but I could be mistaken.

https://valhallaoffroad.com/maps/vq4crf0ky2nl2v3pr76zk7kllitdj6

Thanks, I had not seen those before. I like how you still can use a couple of the tiedowns it attaches too.

Every attachment point is still useable as a tie down point if I remember correctly.  I used BullRings to mount them to the bed of the truck.  The silver square tubing and associated attachment components on the top of the bed rail are for the soft topper and not related to the mounting of the MAPS panel.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...