L87 fuel economy, what are you getting?

I can get all the way up to 22 in my high country (22" wheels)  but it's only back roads around 45mph. The second i get on the highway it drops down to about 15 mpg at 80mph. How about you? 

BCB8871B-36AA-477B-B100-D5767CA66953.jpeg

Best I've gotten was 20.8 on 2 lane road with the cruise set to 63mph with the AC on. I did a trip out to Iowa and got 17.4 on the way back. I'm not sure if that was due to the straight gas vs the ethanol blend. Normally I'm 15.x MPG driving around locally mix of 2 lane and highway.

My sweet spot is 67 mph!  If I keep it there my computer reads at 23.1 mpg.  If I kick it to 70 it drops to 19.8 mpgs.  If I do 80 on interstate 29 going to my lake house I drop to 17.4 mpgs.   This truck drives awesome, rides better, has more room, shifts beautifully, and is quicker than my 2018 Sierra SLT with 6.2L/8spd.  But that truck averaged 24 mpgs all day running 70 mph and 20 mpgs running up interstate at 80 mph.  My father always said I should be kicking myself in the @$$ because he couldn’t believe how well it got for fuel economy. 

Edited by TNTSilverado

My 2020 LTZ crew cab Z-71 6.2 averaged 22.2 mpg yesterday on a 220 mile round trip to my summer camp. I was doing 80 on the highway for 2/3 of the way. Then the rural roads I was either going 35 or 55 with some hills here and there the rest of the way. I average 15 or 16 in city driving. I also averaged a head scratching 26.4 mpg on a 200 mile highway round trip one night when I was bored and I wanted to see what this behemoth of a vehicle could get for fuel economy if I drove it like my Corolla. That night last summer I set the cruise to 60 and with no ac turned on off I went. Btw. The Silverados computer is pretty accurate with the mpg estimate. It’s only off by 2 or 3 tenths when I hand calculate the mpg when I fill up. 

On 6/7/2022 at 10:38 PM, TNTSilverado said:

My sweet spot is 67 mph!  If I keep it there my computer reads at 23.1 mpg.  If I kick it to 70 it drops to 19.8 mpgs.  If I do 80 on interstate 29 going to my lake house I drop to 17.4 mpgs.   This truck drives awesome, rides better, has more room, shifts beautifully, and is quicker than my 2018 Sierra SLT with 6.2L/8spd.  But that truck averaged 24 mpgs all day running 70 mph and 20 mpgs running up interstate at 80 mph.  My father always said I should be kicking myself in the @$$ because he couldn’t believe how well it got for fuel economy. 

Sweet deal! I'll give 67 a try and see what mine says. There's no doubt the T1 is crazy comfortable, especially with the adaptive ride suspension. But with it being so smooth and comfortable i don't really care how fast I'm going on the Highway, so low and slow is fine with me lol

21 hours ago, Chevyguy273 said:

My 2020 LTZ crew cab Z-71 6.2 averaged 22.2 mpg yesterday on a 220 mile round trip to my summer camp. I was doing 80 on the highway for 2/3 of the way. Then the rural roads I was either going 35 or 55 with some hills here and there the rest of the way. I average 15 or 16 in city driving. I also averaged a head scratching 26.4 mpg on a 200 mile highway round trip one night when I was bored and I wanted to see what this behemoth of a vehicle could get for fuel economy if I drove it like my Corolla. That night last summer I set the cruise to 60 and with no ac turned on off I went. Btw. The Silverados computer is pretty accurate with the mpg estimate. It’s only off by 2 or 3 tenths when I hand calculate the mpg when I fill up. 

Wow that's amazing with the Z71 package too so you're slightly lifted. Normally i don't care at all about fuel economy but right now i certainly do haha. 

do you all run 93 octane too? It says it's recommended to run "premium" fuel on the fuel door. I wonder how many actually do. I run it in just about everything built after 2011 due to high compression

I drive in L9 and sport mode. Z71 package with 3.23 gears 

South Florida fwiw so flat roads and low DA. 

Highway at 78-80 I get 18-20 mpg depending on wind. 

My commute is 25 miles highway 3 miles city during the week. 

My overall average is 17.X MPG(trip 2 is lifetime). I take off aggressively in city driving. 

One tank I had 50/50 city/highway and it was 16.2 mpg-with me once again taking off quickly and having a boral exhaust installed. 

Only run 93. 99% sure when I bought the truck the dealer put in 87. Definitely felt like the truck was pulling timing/down on power. 

Once I got 2 half tank fillups it was back to feeling quick for a truck. 

Edited by John813

On 6/7/2022 at 10:38 PM, TNTSilverado said:

Were you just going off the DIC calculation or hand calculating. I will say in my 17 Silverado, the computer was very generous on the display by about 2 mpgs after each fill up. My lifetime mpg on that truck (i record every single fill up) after 30k miles was:

Min: 13.180 mpg

Ave: 16.899 mpg

Max: 24.845 mpg (going east down the colorado plateau from the grand canyon)

Would be more interested to see people include their normal driving elevation since that will have a huge impact on your mileages.

Edited by jaxcam02

4 minutes ago, It's Tim said:

Peeps will soon care less about "fuel economy" and more about compensation. So many excellent paying jobs available it's just silly to even bother to think about it. 

You must be an economics major. First jobs to go will be entertainment jobs, restaurant jobs, anything people can cut to pay for gas and groceries. The job market will shrink with more people than jobs. Some people will go back to school and come after your high paying job. With more people in the market for your job it won’t be so high paying anymore. Retired people will just stay home and the industry that caters to them will dry up. Let’s just drill for more oil, ok?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, jaxcam02 said:

Were you just going off the DIC calculation or hand calculating. I will say in my 17 Silverado, the computer was very generous on the display by about 2 mpgs after each fill up. My lifetime mpg on that truck (i record every single fill up) after 30k miles was:

Min: 13.180 mpg

Ave: 16.899 mpg

Max: 24.845 mpg (going east down the colorado plateau from the grand canyon)

Would be more interested to see people include their normal driving elevation since that will have a huge impact on your mileages.

Both. That truck just got excellent mileage. 3 years ago we had the Missouri River flood and my normal route to Interstate 29 was cut off. So I just took a 60 mph scenic route to the lake house. The truck registered 28.6 mpgs.  I loved everything about the K2 truck except the HORRIBLE 8 speed transmission and smaller rear back seat legroom with no air vents. Everything else was perfect.  Yes it rode different than T1s but it still was very acceptable and quiet. 

Edited by TNTSilverado

My 21 Denali with 22" wheels is getting 24.8 for my best 31 miles averaging 72 mph using cruise. I've put about 1,000 on the truck since getting it 3 weeks ago (few 200 mile trips lately). My normal commute it 9 miles one way, 36 a day with lunch I had been seeing 16.5 on those trips. Overall I'm showing 18.5 a cross my 1000 miles. I'm expecting that to settle in around 17 with my "normal" driving. I'm really surprised at how well this truck does on fuel economy. I normally run 88 octane (seems to be an MN thing).