2022 At4x Heads up display issues

Hello everyone,

Need help. 2nd day I owned new truck, heads-up display started to become glitchy and would shut off then come back on. It would have colored vertical lines all over the place then half of the speed would show then shut off. Then it would come back on for a while then shut off. Any ideas? I have an email out to dealer but waiting for response. Too me it seems it could be as simple as a loose connections somewhere. I can't find anything on this truck since it's so new. Any suggestions would be appreciated. 

Other than appearance, fictionalized your truck is no different than the 2020+ trucks.  Dash probably comes apart the same way, too.  Issues happen in manufacturing all the time.  It's a holiday weekend, so they'll likely be closed Monday.  This isn't a drivability issue, so don't expect a loaner while you're without your vehicle. 

I have a refreshed truck too. If you want to get to the dash speakers or the HUD module you just need to remove two bolts on each of the grab handles(passenger and driver) and pull out to remove the A pillars, then you can pull on the cover trim on the dash, pull straight up, clips only, no screws on the cover(long piece so be careful not to scratch anything with it). I'll try to find some pictures for you, but it's really easy to remove...

On 7/2/2022 at 12:05 PM, Rockyah86 said:

Hello everyone,

Need help. 2nd day I owned new truck, heads-up display started to become glitchy and would shut off then come back on. It would have colored vertical lines all over the place then half of the speed would show then shut off. Then it would come back on for a while then shut off. Any ideas? I have an email out to dealer but waiting for response. Too me it seems it could be as simple as a loose connections somewhere. I can't find anything on this truck since it's so new. Any suggestions would be appreciated. 

This is certainly not what we like to hear, Rockyah86.  Please know, customer satisfaction is extremely important to us. Our team would be more than happy to take a closer look into the concerns with your truck. To do so, please send an email to [email protected] with ATTN: Rockyah86/GM Trucks in the subject line.

Please include your contact information, VIN, a brief description of your concern, and the name of your preferred dealership. We look forward to hearing from you. To learn more about GM’s privacy policy, please visit https://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html.

Privacy Statement | General Motors
Your privacy is important to General Motors. This Privacy Statement addresses the personal information GM collects and how GM handles that personal information.
www.gm.com

On 7/2/2022 at 8:57 PM, Transient said:

Other than appearance, fictionalized your truck is no different than the 2020+ trucks.  Dash probably comes apart the same way, too.  

Can't really say its "no different."  AT4X dash is all new as is the SLE/SLT dash, neither are the "same" as 2019-2022.  Low trim get the old dash.  The 2022.5 are on the all new GM VIP (Global B) electrical architecture so many modules are all new compared to 19-22 which is Global A.  HUD parts are all new #s as well.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/2/2022 at 10:48 PM, Manny Man said:

I have a refreshed truck too. If you want to get to the dash speakers or the HUD module you just need to remove two bolts on each of the grab handles(passenger and driver) and pull out to remove the A pillars, then you can pull on the cover trim on the dash, pull straight up, clips only, no screws on the cover(long piece so be careful not to scratch anything with it). I'll try to find some pictures for you, but it's really easy to remove...

Manny Man,

Is there any way you can show pictures of what to do to remove the refresh dash area to get to the dash speakers?  I want to replace my speakers but not 100% sure on what area needs to be removed.  I would greatly appreciate a visual reference.

On 7/17/2022 at 4:12 PM, ddc1279 said:

Manny Man,

Is there any way you can show pictures of what to do to remove the refresh dash area to get to the dash speakers?  I want to replace my speakers but not 100% sure on what area needs to be removed.  I would greatly appreciate a visual reference.

Hey, sorry for the delay.

here are some pictures of the piece that you have to remove. It’s just one piece, stretches across the entire dash and held on with clips.

as I said before, there are some tabs that extend into the A pillars so you’ll have to remove them in order to lift this piece straight up and remove it.

there are two bolts on each of the grab handles that you have to remove and then you just pull outward on the a pillar. Pretty easy job, you can’t really mess it up.

0B0A23E1-816E-4E01-92F1-88BEF49DF9C0.jpeg

063451E1-9217-473C-B734-6EE4FFCFFF27.jpeg

588366D6-987F-44B4-9F18-811B755DCE1D.jpeg