2022 ZR2 Silverado with exhaust tips

So, I like the look of polished SS or chrome tips. I appreciate the tucked up exhaust of the ZR2 and wanted to keep that but just add a little bling! I found these on Amazon and decided to give them a shot. For 15 bucks a piece why not.

I tried to weld them on but the ss is just too thin. So I went with a 2.75 in band clamp and it turned out pretty good.

https://youtu.be/Izm-hWLqc0M

20220710_172704.jpg

20220710_172346.jpg

Edited by Firehawk99

Your passenger side is an 1/8 longer sticking out from the bumper than your driver side. 😅😃 Looks good though. I personally like the exhaust tips going out the bumper. I realize why GM did it.  
Could one build a ZR2 and add a regular bumper with tips on it

15 minutes ago, TNTSilverado said:

Your passenger side is an 1/8 longer sticking out from the bumper than your driver side. 😅😃 Looks good though. I personally like the exhaust tips going out the bumper. I realize why GM did it.  

Ha! I noticed that as well in the pics.  It's good now. 20220710_184009.thumb.jpg.a29bbb2b23cda88b61f6b5cce17b36e9.jpg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TNTSilverado said:

You couldn't order it from GM that way, but from what the exhaust dumps look like, it looks the same as factory exhaust with the tips in the bumper. The tips don't actually clamp to the exhaust, they just blow into the tips bolted to the bumper. You should be able to swap a Trail Boss LT bumper on that has the sensor holes and have the exhaust through the bumper.

• Thanks 1

On 7/10/2022 at 5:41 PM, Firehawk99 said:

Ha! I noticed that as well in the pics.  It's good now. 20220710_184009.thumb.jpg.a29bbb2b23cda88b61f6b5cce17b36e9.jpg

Tips look good. Gives it that extra contrast to stand out. Like it!