GMC sierra 2014 loud cracking noise (like something breaking) on the front end driver side position

Hello!

So the car is making super loud sound kinds in the middle/driver side, like metal cracking or something breaking, also it would make the car do some missing but not engine related (its like it breaks a little bit and the rpm moves).

weve tried everything troubleshooting, from looking at the car from below, to disconnecting the ABS, to looking at the scanner, to working on the differential and trying to drive it 2 wheels at a time.. were suspecting a transmission issue but it’s expensive to replace and try. Anyone had a similar problem? How did u fix it? 

thanks! :)

So, I had this happening on a 2008 GMT900.  I had to go back and look, but it was the control arm bolts that were not fully torqued.  Not loose, but not fully torqued. Other members have had the same experience.  

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/17/2022 at 7:42 PM, Spurshot said:

So, I had this happening on a 2008 GMT900.  I had to go back and look, but it was the control arm bolts that were not fully torqued.  Not loose, but not fully torqued. Other members have had the same experience.  

I had the same issue on my 2014. I thought it was the upper control arm bushings worn out. I ordered new upper control arms from MOOG. Imagine my surprise when I found the upper control arm loose. I went ahead and changed the upper control arms anyway.

Look at the upper control arm bolts and make sure everything is tight.