Older OEM wheels on GMT T1

Hello.  I was just curious if anyone has run older OEM wheels like from the KA gen, on their 2019+ T1.  I know the wheel would hit the caliper, so I was curious how much of a spacer is needed for the wheel to clear.

Or, if you are running oversized replica's do they still have the same problem with the wheel hitting the caliper.

Thank you.

1 hour ago, TA^Guy said:

Hello.  I was just curious if anyone has run older OEM wheels like from the KA gen, on their 2019+ T1.  I know the wheel would hit the caliper, so I was curious how much of a spacer is needed for the wheel to clear.

Or, if you are running oversized replica's do they still have the same problem with the wheel hitting the caliper.

Thank you.

Most of the pre T1 wheels will hit the calipers.

I have tested this old style 20" rim (2017 Silverado) on my new 2022LTD. No clearance problems on front or rear.

They will need the newer 433MHz TPMS sensors to sync with the newer trucks.

These were the "chrome finish" rims that lasted until 2 days after the 3yr 36k bumper to bumper warranty and then flaked off.

Found a local powder coating company who did these for me. $125/wheel sandblast and powder coat.

Flattop

22.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/10/2022 at 3:06 PM, flattop said:

I have tested this old style 20" rim (2017 Silverado) on my new 2022LTD. No clearance problems on front or rear.

They will need the newer 433MHz TPMS sensors to sync with the newer trucks.

These were the "chrome finish" rims that lasted until 2 days after the 3yr 36k bumper to bumper warranty and then flaked off.

Found a local powder coating company who did these for me. $125/wheel sandblast and powder coat.

Flattop

Thank you for the info!   I don't mind using a 1/8-1/4" shim, I just didn't want to use anything much larger than that.

• 6 months later...

I happen to have a set of those that were on my Avalanche in my barn. If I get a chance in the next couple days I'll try to throw one on and see if it clears without a spacer and if a 1/4" spacer is enough. I have to run a 1/4" spacer for the aftermarket 20's I ran on my Avalanche on my 2021 Trail Boss.

• Like 1

On 5/13/2023 at 9:13 AM, TA^Guy said:

Looking at these wheels and tires for winter time.  Does anyone know the smallest spacer I would need to clear the brake caliper?

Product photo of Chevy Rims Tires 6 Lug

I can confirm they do not fit without a 1/4" spacer. The inner spokes hit the inside of the caliper. Usually the spokes hit the raised portion of the caliper. That's why I had to run spacers for my aftermarket rims.