Where is the subwoofer in a '22 Denali

1 hour ago, RedLT said:

I think the biggest loss in the 22+ infotainment is the lack of HD Radio, the sound quality had higher fidelity and richer bass due to the digital signal versus the analog signal. Plus there were more radio stations in HD.

I turned on lossless music on Apple Music, and want to see if it is any better later today.  SiriusXM compresses music, so it is never going to sound as good as a CD or HiFi music.

I was able to confirm that the Bose in the refresh is a 7-speaker system by a GM tech from a 2019+ Silverado group on Facebook. See the pictures attached. It is a 4.5" sub with the mounting holes measuring 160mm horizontally in an enclosure under the center console. 

I was wrong and didn't have my console apart enough to see it.

310943441_1283364005800634_7005920435330097425_n.jpg

311114778_10159990633677593_4934829500120624572_n.jpg

27 minutes ago, mjonesjr84 said:

I was able to confirm that the Bose in the refresh is a 7-speaker system by a GM tech from a 2019+ Silverado group on Facebook. See the pictures attached. It is a 4.5" sub with the mounting holes measuring 160mm horizontally in an enclosure under the center console. 

I was wrong and didn't have my console apart enough to see it.

310943441_1283364005800634_7005920435330097425_n.jpg

311114778_10159990633677593_4934829500120624572_n.jpg

Really... 4.5" sub-woofer, what a joke. There's your reason for non-existing bass. Thanks for the feedback that the BOSE system do have the 7-speaker setup.

What was the size in the 2019-2022 (pre-refresh)?  I was in my truck last night playing a song that hit pretty hard in my 2019, and I could feel the shifter vibrate when the bass hit.  Thanks for the confirmation.  I guess the redesigned system just doesn't push as much power.  I did verify that the Add On kicker sub/amp does support the UQA system.  Just not sure it is worth it.

Edited by SPASierra

22 minutes ago, SPASierra said:

What was the size in the 2019-2022 (pre-refresh)?  I was in my truck last night playing a song that hit pretty hard in my 2019, and I could feel the shifter vibrate when the bass hit.  Thanks for the confirmation.  I guess the redesigned system just doesn't push as much power.  I did verify that the Add On kicker sub/amp does support the UQA system.  Just not sure it is worth it.

Not sure the size in the 2019-2022 (LTD) trucks. The 2020 RST that I had sounded really good with the Bose. It would vibrate the mirror with not a lot of volume.

I'm thinking about getting the powered Kicker enclosure and seeing if it would fit behind the back seat. It is about the same size as a large amp and those seem to fit there. If not I was going to put it under the passenger seat. That would allow me to still keep the Du-Ha storage box under my back seat.

4 minutes ago, mjonesjr84 said:

Not sure the size in the 2019-2022 (LTD) trucks. The 2020 RST that I had sounded really good with the Bose. It would vibrate the mirror with not a lot of volume.

I'm thinking about getting the powered Kicker enclosure and seeing if it would fit behind the back seat. It is about the same size as a large amp and those seem to fit there. If not I was going to put it under the passenger seat. That would allow me to still keep the Du-Ha storage box under my back seat.

Mine would as well, and that is what I miss.  I too don't want to lose my undersea storage.  I'm fine with putting a powered unit under the passenger seat if I can keep my storage box.

2 minutes ago, SPASierra said:

Mine would as well, and that is what I miss.  I too don't want to lose my undersea storage.  I'm fine with putting a powered unit under the passenger seat if I can keep my storage box.

This is what I'm looking at. It isn't a huge amount of power, but I'm sure it will sound better than the OEM sub. I don't want ear shattering bass, I just want it to have a decent sound.

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_20646HS10/Kicker-46HS10.html?tp=114

On 10/11/2022 at 2:17 PM, mjonesjr84 said:

This is what I'm looking at. It isn't a huge amount of power, but I'm sure it will sound better than the OEM sub. I don't want ear shattering bass, I just want it to have a decent sound.

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_20646HS10/Kicker-46HS10.html?tp=114

I had one of those a few years ago and it was terrible. Factory Bose puts out more bass.

On 10/12/2022 at 2:10 PM, Fla Eagle said:

I had one of those a few years ago and it was terrible. Factory Bose puts out more bass.

I think I  have to agree with you, I have yet heard one of the pre-built compact powered sub-woofer to  sound good enough to fill a cab.

• 1 month later...

Thank you for starting this thread. I just purchased a '22 Sierra Denali (not ultimate) and am terribly disappointed by the bass. My wife has a '16 Yukon Xl Denali and before that a '11 Escalade ESV, and the overall quality I feel was significantly better in both of those. In reading all the posts it sounds like it is just the way it is. This is my first pickup truck. I can't believe this is the case for how expensive these vehicles are. Very disappointing overall. Is there any chance that because of the pandemic or some other supply chain reason they used worse subwoofer components or like forgot to connect them properly? It just doesn't seem possible it could be this bad.