Nothing done but lifted 1.5 front 1 rear and a pulsar LT to get rid of the top speed limiter and stop start.  obviously great cold air.   I'm mad at myself because I had truck in normal driving mode, not tow haul or sport.  I'm thinking tow haul is quicker, it holds the gear longer, shifting at about 61-6200 rpm.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, GETGONE said:

I'm REALLY doubting that number. I took my truck to the actual drag strip back in August here in Michigan. In auto 4wd the best I was able to get was 14.23 @96.40

That’s just about where motorweek test numbers were just last week. They seemed to be slowing with more gears in the transmission. I seem to recall faster times a few years back with less gears. Of course there always can be faster times. I remember my 94 Z-28 going mid 13s on an advertised 14.2. My 94 Impala went 15.50 on an advertised 15.2. 

That was with me in the truck and about 1/4 tank of gas. Scales showed 5790 pounds.

My 02 SS Camaro with a 6 speed manual I've gone 12.96 on street tires with no mods and 12.69 on drag radials.

• Like 1

13.50's would be like adding 75hp to the truck or more, something seems a little off. Unless it was tuned, those shift points seems high, I haven't seen a stock calibration have shift rpm settings higher than 5,800-5,900rpm because the rpm limiters are 6,100.

Tow/haul mode won't help any.

20 minutes ago, Diamond817 said:

I'm assuming 6.2? And in 2hi, no auto 4wd?

6.2, 3.23 gears.  Crew cab.  Launch in 4wd high at about 1800 rpm and shift to 2wd once moving.  1.95 ish 60 ft times, it spun a little on take off.  

Edited by SILVER SLED
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, SILVER SLED said:

6.2, 3.23 gears.  Crew cab.  Launch in 4wd high at about 1800 rpm and shift to 2wd once moving.  1.95 ish 60 ft times, it spun a little on take off.  

To me it seems 4wd or auto 4wd just sucks power from the engine and would cause slower times. I would like to see times from a 2wd only run with drag radials or slicks. 

3 hours ago, Diamond817 said:

To me it seems 4wd or auto 4wd just sucks power from the engine and would cause slower times. I would like to see times from a 2wd only run with drag radials or slicks. 

I’m sure there is some power loss, but the advantage of the limitless traction in 4wd and just mashing the gas pedal from a stop, seems to out weighs the loss of power.  

If you mash the gas pedal in 2wd you would sit there and spin the tires.  So to get a good launch in two wheel drive you would have to cut the power on launch (feather the gas pedal) a lot more than is lost in being in 4wd.  So in this stock truck launching in 4wd would win the race.  I do quickly shift out of 4wd after moving.   Now a modded 2wd truck that has less weight in front, and some suspension work done, with slicks and skinnies would start to overcome the 4wd advantage.  

• Like 1

Nice and looks like you got one of the quick trucks.

Way back when Buick made muscle cars, we had a bunch that run mid-low 14s and every once in a while came across one that would blast a 13-second pass.  I got lucky and made a 13.69 on its first pass at almost 99, a full 5 mph faster than the norm.  Fun stuff!

Good to see that the Draggy isn't that far off.  I use an old VC-200 when not at the track.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Diamond817 said:

I tried several runs in 2wd and played with air pressure in the tires. It just spun the tires and was even worse because the G80 didn't kick in for a second so you had one wheel spin before the other caught then both spun. I didn't run any in 4 high, only 4 auto. I don't know if the transfer case actually disengaged after launch or not.