Jump to content
  • Sign up for FREE! Become a GM-Trucks.com Member Today!

    In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

ANC on refreshed Silverado LTZ


Recommended Posts

I am getting ready to do an upgrade to the sound system in my truck.  

 

I am unsure if the truck has ANC or not.  It is a 2022 Silverado LTZ 1500 5.3 rwd crew cab with the bose system.  LLJ customs said that there would be a microphone above the rear seat in the headliner if I have ANC.  There is not a mic in the headliner above the rear seat, but I do have a mic above the drivers seat and passenger seat in the front.  I also attempted to contact chevrolet customer service and they had no clue what ANC is.

 

Can anyone confirm whether or not the refreshed LTZ crew cab has ANC or not?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Active Noise Cancellation (ANC) uses noise-cancelling speakers to reduce unwanted background noise.

 

Have to look at the build sheet for the rpo ANC

Edited by elcamino
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/1/2022 at 12:54 PM, homermacleod said:

I am getting ready to do an upgrade to the sound system in my truck.  

 

I am unsure if the truck has ANC or not.  It is a 2022 Silverado LTZ 1500 5.3 rwd crew cab with the bose system.  LLJ customs said that there would be a microphone above the rear seat in the headliner if I have ANC.  There is not a mic in the headliner above the rear seat, but I do have a mic above the drivers seat and passenger seat in the front.  I also attempted to contact chevrolet customer service and they had no clue what ANC is.

 

Can anyone confirm whether or not the refreshed LTZ crew cab has ANC or not?

 

Looking through the parts catalogs, GM Service Manuals, none of the 2019-current trucks have Active Noise Cancellation.  None of the schematics show wiring for an ANC microphone or speaker.

 

So no, no ANC.  

 

The two microphones in the headliner are for bluetooth/hands free phone operation.  

 

1 hour ago, elcamino said:

Active Noise Cancellation (ANC) uses noise-cancelling speakers to reduce unwanted background noise.

 

Have to look at the build sheet for the rpo ANC

 

 

No.  There is no standalone RPO code for active noise cancellation.  RPO code ANC is "Sales Pkg Shuttle Bus".

Edited by newdude
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, newdude said:

 

Looking through the parts catalogs, GM Service Manuals, none of the 2019-current trucks have Active Noise Cancellation.  None of the schematics show wiring for an ANC microphone or speaker.

 

So no, no ANC.  

 

"The two microphones" in the headliner are for bluetooth/hands free phone operation.  

 

 

 

No.  There is no standalone RPO code for active noise cancellation.  RPO code ANC is "Sales Pkg Shuttle Bus".

 

Isn't it also for OnStar?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, newdude said:

 

No.  There is no standalone RPO code for active noise cancellation.  RPO code ANC is "Sales Pkg Shuttle Bus".

Oh yes there is;

 

NKC - Acitive Noise Concellation

 

from 2015 Sierra Denali

L86

Engine, 6.2L EcoTec3 V8

MAH

 

MSL

PLANT CODE SILAO, MEXICO

M5U

Transmission, 8-speed automatic

NKC

Active Noise Cancellation

NP5

Steering wheel, leather-wrapped

NQH

Transfer case, 4WD, active

NT7

EMISSION SYSTEM FEDERAL, TIER 2

NZT

Wheels, 4 - 20" x 9" (50.8 cm x 22.9 cm) polished aluminum

N22

FUEL TANK 26 GALLON LH

N37

Steering column, manual Tilt-Wheel

PPA

Tailgate, EZ-Lift

RC4

Tire, spare P265/70R17 all-season, blackwall

RC7

Tires, P275/55R20 all-terrain, blackwall

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, elcamino said:

Oh yes there is;

 

NKC - Acitive Noise Concellation

 

from 2015 Sierra Denali

L86

Engine, 6.2L EcoTec3 V8

MAH

 

 

MSL

PLANT CODE SILAO, MEXICO

M5U

Transmission, 8-speed automatic

NKC

Active Noise Cancellation

NP5

Steering wheel, leather-wrapped

NQH

Transfer case, 4WD, active

NT7

EMISSION SYSTEM FEDERAL, TIER 2

NZT

Wheels, 4 - 20" x 9" (50.8 cm x 22.9 cm) polished aluminum

N22

FUEL TANK 26 GALLON LH

N37

Steering column, manual Tilt-Wheel

PPA

Tailgate, EZ-Lift

RC4

Tire, spare P265/70R17 all-season, blackwall

RC7

Tires, P275/55R20 all-terrain, blackwall

 

 

For a 14-18 truck, sure.  Not for 19-23 trucks.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
On 12/5/2022 at 9:10 AM, newdude said:

 

Looking through the parts catalogs, GM Service Manuals, none of the 2019-current trucks have Active Noise Cancellation.  None of the schematics show wiring for an ANC microphone or speaker.

 

So no, no ANC.  

 

The two microphones in the headliner are for bluetooth/hands free phone operation.  

 

 

 

No.  There is no standalone RPO code for active noise cancellation.  RPO code ANC is "Sales Pkg Shuttle Bus".

The two Microphones above the center dash are for the split phone Bluetooth, the ANC microphones will be in the rear headliner handles. if you dont have the microphones in the rear you dont have ANC. If you do and you purchased one of our elite harnesses please send it in so we can bypass it for you for free you just pay shipping. Hope this helps !

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.