6L80E Feels Like It’s Jumping Uphill

Good Evening fellow Chevy owners I currently have a 2017 Chevy Silverado 1500 Z71 LT with a 6L80E about a year ago had the transmission rebuilt in Texas since I was traveling to Alabama I’m from California so it was a real nightmare. Anyways fast forward to now, I have added a Mishimoto trans cooler and removed the thermostat on the transmission. I have noticed that every time I’m going uphill on my truck it feels like the front of the truck is starting to skip kind of jumping I can’t see myself rebuilding it but if I have to I will once again I recently bought a new circle d torque converter with the stock stall and ordered amsoil. However I am not sure if this is even the issue I don’t want to waste extra money replacing the converter and it’s my transmission.     

Has anyone experienced this before I’m in need of others advice thanks in advance for your time. All help is appreciated. 
transmission feels like it’s jumping also if it makes a difference truck is tuned. 

If BlackBear tuned your truck, send a datalog to Justin and ask him to look at it.

Also, if you simply removed the thermostat and didn't flip the pill, you have upset the flow of fluid and it will not flow correctly to the cooler(s).

Change the fluid every 30-45K miles or so.

7 hours ago, swathdiver said:

If BlackBear tuned your truck, send a datalog to Justin and ask him to look at it.

Also, if you simply removed the thermostat and didn't flip the pill, you have upset the flow of fluid and it will not flow correctly to the cooler(s).

Change the fluid every 30-45K miles or so.

Unfortunately I didn’t get my tune from black bear however I will contact my tuner. And I did flip the pill when I did the mod also I did recently drop the pan and flush the trans fluid. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, gJesus1911 said:

Unfortunately I didn’t get my tune from black bear however I will contact my tuner. And I did flip the pill when I did the mod also I did recently drop the pan and flush the trans fluid. 

Alright, sounds like you're doing everything right.  Let us know what the tuner says.

I just came back from a drive as I was going down from a steep driveway the truck made a really bad grinding noise coming from the front of the truck I thought I was dragging a shopping cart but I wasn’t I really do think my transmission is going out I have no choice but to rebuild it at this point. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, gJesus1911 said:

I just came back from a drive as I was going down from a steep driveway the truck made a really bad grinding noise coming from the front of the truck I thought I was dragging a shopping cart but I wasn’t I really do think my transmission is going out I have no choice but to rebuild it at this point. 

Sorry to see this note Jesus.  Well, a GM Reman comes with a 100,000 mile warranty and can be serviced at any GM dealership across the country.

8 hours ago, gJesus1911 said:

This is certainly not what we like to hear, gJesus1911.  Please know, customer satisfaction is extremely important to us. Our team would be more than happy to take a closer look into the concerns with your 2017 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Z71 LT. To do so, please send an email to [email protected] with ATTN: gJesus1911/GM Trucks in the subject line.

Please include your contact information, VIN, a brief description of your concern, and the name of your preferred dealership. We look forward to hearing from you. To learn more about GM’s Privacy Policy, please visit https://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html. The information you provide may be monitored and recorded and is subject to the GM Privacy Statement.

Privacy Statement | General Motors
Your privacy is important to General Motors. This Privacy Statement addresses the personal information GM collects and how GM handles that personal information.
www.gm.com

• Haha 1

Good evening today after work I was going to turn on my truck and I saw I had the reduce engine power sign on the dash with the check engine light, now I got my scanner and looked up the code P2101 it’s the throttle actuator, now gentlemen do y’all think this is all linked to a faulty throttle body (Throttle position sensor)? Let me know what y’all think thanks again. 

• Like 1

Quick update this morning I went under the truck and discovered that the front driveshaft moves replacing the u points this Monday hopefully this will solve the jumping issue I will keep the group advised thanks. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, swathdiver said:

Do you drive with the transfer case in Auto?

Very rare when I do mostly in 2Hi, would you think it might be my U Joints? Since I only drive it in 2Hi? Would you think any type of runout or wiggle would transfer over even though it’s on 2nd? 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, gJesus1911 said:

Very rare when I do mostly in 2Hi, would you think it might be my U Joints? Since I only drive it in 2Hi? Would you think any type of runout or wiggle would transfer over even though it’s on 2nd? 

Running in 2HI, the front driveshaft does not move.  So either something got stuck in there and messed it up when it was engaged or it was damaged another time while in 4HI or 4LO.  Truck is not that old either.

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update not the front driveshaft. I also dropped the pan on transmission and oil was clean no flakes or glittery looking fluid pan was clean no shavings. At this point don’t know what it is I plan on doing my front diff service this weekend, and re torquing my suspension as well.

Alright I’m back, so after this past week since I had dropped the transmission oil pan and flushing out the trans fluid this was done Monday today is Friday I drove my truck longer meaning 30+ miles far more than the usual. I started to notice the jerking is almost literally gone I haven’t felt the low speed jerk anymore so I truly hope that the transmission fluid did the job. I will continue to update everyone here. ( last service was done on a jiffy lube which I think they used the incorrect fluid on my transmission). 

• Like 1