Maintenance Log/App

I use an Excel spreadsheet.  I log the following information:

Vehicle Information, VIN, Relevant RPO codes, Engine code, Transmission Code, License Plate Number, etc.

Date, Mileage, Description of work performed including part numbers and prices, part's warranty, cost of each part, who did the work, and total cost.  If I did the work and ran into problems or needed a special tool, I'll enter that also in case I have to repeat the repair down the road.

I also have a sheet for commonly used parts such as filters, belts, hoses, where I will put the part's name and part number.  For example for the main serpentine belt I'll put enter Gates Main Serpentine Belt and it's part number.  I'll also include information on Dayco and Continental serpentine belts.

I'll save the file to my computer and then place a copy of it on my cell phone.

• Like 1

I also use an excel spreadsheet.

One tab is to list parts with cross reference numbers.  Another tab is a log of sorts that lists what work has been and what parts were purchased for it and when they were later installed.  Another tab for a tire rotation log, another for an oil change log and so on.

Also have an "aging" sheet that shows how old parts are like replacement hubs, transmission fluid, etc.

image.thumb.png.a38797a1c4f5c0e54c8fa3de7fcbe1ea.png

image.png.a16a8d9efca816de91e7fd46ee753301.png

image.thumb.png.4a19a8b409405333ed94294e8847e94d.png

Edited by swathdiver
  • Like 1