truck bed handle

So I ordered and received the parts. I have the threaded hole in my truck bed. Does anyone know off the top of their head what size nuts and bolt I need. You'd think for that kind of money they could have included them. 

I’d just take the threaded bracket to store and find correct nuts that thread onto it.  The bolt for the third hole is probably a 10mm.  That seems to be the common go to small bolt size on misc items on these trucks.

The bolt and nuts are the same size and thread. They appear to be metric class 8.8.  

Outer diameter of the threads is a hair under 8mm, so they appear to be 8mm bolt and nut. Coarse thread. Length of shank and threads of bolt is 30mm. The bolt head and the nut take a 13mm socket. Both the nut and bolt have a captured washer that rotates freely but can’t be separated, and the washers are smooth with no locking feature or teeth of any kind. Pictures to follow. 

Edited by Another JR

Thanks so much for the info. I checked and the bolts on the bracket are M8-1.25. good to know they are the same size as the threaded hole as that is currently coated in truck bed liner spray and will need to be cleaned out.

Edited by rdonarski

I did a google search the other night and was able to find another website that had the handle/bracket a little bit cheaper.  Ordered and waiting for it to arrive.  Guess I can go ahead and find some M8-1.25 captured nuts and a bolt while I wait.

Mine was finally delivered.  Got it installed this evening.  I also installed a cargo light switch while back there.  Also installed a set of oem led tail lights that I picked up super cheap from a customer at work that removed his bed to install a flatbed (no pics of them installed).

7C3AEEC4-F6E9-4CB2-81C4-D42651631CBA.jpeg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sonders said:

Mine was finally delivered.  Got it installed this evening.  I also installed a cargo light switch while back there.  Also installed a set of oem led tail lights that I picked up super cheap from a customer at work that removed his bed to install a flatbed (no pics of them installed).

7C3AEEC4-F6E9-4CB2-81C4-D42651631CBA.jpeg

I love it!!  Looks amazing!

• Like 1

here's the handle flipped up for use.  Also a shot of the cargo lights activated from the bed switch from gen5diy.  Not a fan of the switch the kit provided; I'm looking for a different style switch.

bed handle.jpg

cargo light.jpg

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

This thread inspired me to hunt one of these down...

The parts guy at my dealer found several "matchy" part numbers, but the system showed my truck as not compatible.

And yes, these things are PRICEY for what they do... pushing the $300 mark just for parts.

You have to order the "handle", a bracket with two studs and nuts that go into the stake pocket hole for the "two bolt" side of the mounting bracket, and the 3rd bolt-and-nut for the 3rd mounting hole/bolt.

I found an ebay seller that sells these quite often it appears... search for "silverado tailgate assist handle", and look for a seller "modernmuscle" or Modern Muscle Salvage.

I bought mine from them at $124.95, tax and shipping. The price included the "two-bolt" bracket and nuts. You are on your own for the 3rd bolt.

I am pretty sure as long as you have the 3 holes, you are good to go.

I opted to just use three 5/16" toggle bolts with washers and lock-washers.

This was also compatible with my ERG Rolltrac bedcover.