Wireless phone charger problem.

I picked up my 23 Denali yesterday. I put my Pixel 7 pro in the charging pocket. The display showed the green lightning bolt. The phone also showed the charging indicator. After about a minute the  green charging indicator changed into an orange triangle with an exclamation point in the center. I thought it was because of the case so I removed it and had the same problem with the bare phone. Its sort of aggravating as the 2020 SLT I traded charged the same phone with the case on face up, face down. Anyone else experience this problem? Hopefully its a bad charger and the dealer can rectify the problem.

Edited by MTY55

Mine does the same thing with my Samsung A53, the phone does not support wireless charging....That's your problem, incompatible phone.

Edited by elcamino

2 hours ago, elcamino said:

Mine does the same thing with my Samsung A53, the phone does not support wireless charging....That's your problem, incompatible phone.

The Pixel 7 Pro  most definitely supports wireless charging,. I do it at home and it charged flawlessly in my 2020 SLT. 

• Like 1

Guys, no worries. I had the same problem. The phones are compatible. The secret is your phone Home Screen must be unlocked before you put it in the charger location. It took a bit but I got in the habit of unlocking the Home Screen and it charges every time. 

2 hours ago, 1454 said:

My wireless charging has been spotty with my Fold 4, and my previous S20 FE. Usually I can only get it to work with no case and some trial and error. I just always use the power cord. 

This really stinks because in my 2020 SLT I'd just put the same phone with the case in anyway I wanted . Face up Face down, pointing in any direction. I guess a refresh doesn't always mean an upgrade.

14 hours ago, MTY55 said:

This really stinks because in my 2020 SLT I'd just put the same phone with the case in anyway I wanted . Face up Face down, pointing in any direction. I guess a refresh doesn't always mean an upgrade.

I have a pre-refresh truck. 2021. 

My bad, I missed you have a 2023. I think they just have crap hardware for these. IMO. 

Edited by 1454

I’ve got an iPhone 14 Plus (oversized) and it can be finicky in my ‘23 Sierra with the same charging pad.  I initially had a lot of the same issues, but I raised up the armrest and tried placing it down multiple times in top-up and top-down orientation until I found the best fit and also to get a feel for how to center it.  I noticed that if you were just a fraction of an inch off to one side, it would try to charge but throw the yellow triangle.  After 2 months, I have gotten much better at placing it in the right spot without looking and it works much better.

With all the different sized phones and cases, it’s really difficult to create a one-size-fits-all wireless charger in a car.  Think about it this way — your wireless charger is either model-specific (a la Apple MagSafe) or it’s a flat pad on a desk or table (and even those can be finicky if you don’t get it perfectly centered).  It’s much more difficult in the confined space of a vehicle to get one that fits everything.  

• 2 weeks later...

I was having this same problem with my iPhone 12 Pro - it was a little better out of the case but still would disconnect on longer drives.  I saw a link on FB and looked at it - I was VERY skeptical but ended up buying one.  It's been working perfectly with this thing.  It is basically a spacer that centers the phone and brings it forward slightly.  You could easily make one if you're handy - I was gonna make one out of foam to try it first, but then I started drink spending one night and just ordered it - like $18 and change delivered.  It is made of some sort of plastic-like stuff - maybe like circuit board material since that is their main business.  They also make a spacer for larger phones that just push it forward some without the side spacers the slim phones need.  

GMC Sierra 2022 Slim Phone Charge Adapter

spacer.jpg

The latest software update I downloaded last week solved the issues with the charging problem. Works as it should with the  Pixel 7 Pro with case. I can place it anywhere on the pad as long as the top of the phone goes down.  

Edited by MTY55

17 hours ago, MTY55 said:

The latest software update I downloaded last week solved the issues with the charging problem. Works as it should with the  Pixel 7 Pro with case. I can place it anywhere on the pad as long as the top of the phone goes down.  

Software update on the phone or the truck?