I own a 2020 Silverado LT With 38k miles. 
Has anyone seen issues where their AC periodically stops blowing cold air. Then I get the cluster reading service steering column, my gauges start fluttering and I lose my head lights. 

1st visit to dealership new battery and new AC compressor 

2nd due to same issue they couldn’t duplicate the problem

3rd no codes or errors were being picked up. Total of two months in and out of the dealership. 

I have video of when This happens. It is periodically. Some days it will PD 10 times others non. Took it to a local prominent AC repair shop he said it has to be electrical and he would t want to mess with it.  I am stumped And frustrated. I don’t know what do anymore.  

Edited by Eric Sanchez

Has the dealer checked all of the grounds?  There was a TSB for the under hood fuse block not being torqued down, but I would think you would have had issues all along if that was the culprit.

On 5/7/2023 at 12:29 PM, Eric Sanchez said:

Has anyone seen issues where their AC periodically stops blowing cold air. Then I get the cluster reading service steering column, my gauges start fluttering and I lose my head lights. 

3rd no codes or errors were being picked up. Total of two months in and out of the dealership. 

I have video of when This happens. It is periodically. Some days it will PD 10 times others non. Took it to a local prominent AC repair shop he said it has to be electrical and he would t want to mess with it.  I am stumped And frustrated. I don’t know what do anymore.  

This is certainly not what we like to hear, Eric Sanchez.  Please know, customer satisfaction is extremely important to us. Our team would be more than happy to take a closer look into the concerns with your 2020 Chevrolet Silverado. To do so, please send an email to [email protected] with ATTN: Eric Sanchez/GM Trucks in the subject line.

Please include your contact information, VIN, a brief description of your concern, and the name of your preferred dealership. We look forward to hearing from you. To learn more about GM’s Privacy Policy, please visit https://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html. The information you provide may be monitored and recorded and is subject to the GM Privacy Statement.

Privacy Statement | General Motors
Your privacy is important to General Motors. This Privacy Statement addresses the personal information GM collects and how GM handles that personal information.
www.gm.com

• 2 months later...

Hi,

Could Erik Sanchez share what was the fix for the a/c issue (issues where their AC periodically stops blowing cold air).

Tjhanks!!!

• 1 month later...
On 5/7/2023 at 12:29 PM, Eric Sanchez said:

I am also having the same issues periodically. I can’t seem to find the problem. I live in south so no issues of corrosion etc. but I did find a guy that fixed the similar problem which was a bad ground cable that had corroded/separated behind passenger side front wheel well/ floor board area. I checked mine and it’s good. I’ve also visually checked all the other areas and see no issues. 
I basically just clear the codes and it’s good for a little while. 

Next time yours does it notice the voltage gauge. Mine will spike well past the 14 mark and stay until I cut the engine off. 

But everything that you are describing is what happens with my truck
I can be driving normal and everything is fine and all of a sudden all of the service lights will come on for parking brake, steering four-wheel-drive, etc. and then the AC stops blowing cold air which means the compressor clutch will not engage because of a voltage problem,

I have heard so many stories of people taking their vehicle to the dealership just to have parts thrown at it when really, the issue are possibly in the wiring. This seems to be a common problem on these vehicles, and I wish there was a certified mechanic who could shed more light on this because taking to a dealer and having thousands of dollars spent on parts that are not needed because the root of the problem is being looked over it’s not fun

I also thought the battery may need be changed or I may need a new alternator, but I have no issues with cranking the truck like you would have with a bad battery or alternator that is not charging

I am very confused about the ground because there are so many areas to check because you have the in-line fuses on the battery post that could be an issue. You have ground cables that run from the negative post down to the firewall, another ground from the engine block to the firewall also a ground under the passenger side floor board wheel well area. Also, there is a possibility of a ground at the starter and heat shield as well as a few more places. I will post a pic of my dash and also the bulletin. I found online that may help.

If you come up with a solution, please share . 
Good luck 👍 image.thumb.png.2d702af4ff790cb867847b2e8ec68a5c.pngimage.thumb.png.ba566bbadbf15970eea72acd413b0728.png

image.thumb.png.143cdffaede94d30607ca2add99e8a76.pngimage.thumb.png.738269099b8423c571614ffa1880d018.pngimage.thumb.png.197ae3dfea93c6ab502d966101fd6436.pngimage.thumb.png.c618c0eca753decad859b171182017fa.png

• 2 weeks later...

My 22 high country seems to just close all damper doors. They keep throwing parts at it, evaporator core is the last thing. They are telling me it’s freezing up but when it happens it sounds like a jet plane. You can shut the truck down, wait three minutes and it works just fine. I keep telling them it is electrical issue. So the auto workers are on strike and they can’t make a 70k truck without issues. If I did that at my job, either one of them, I would kill someone or blow something up.

get the dealer to call the Chevrolet engineers, start a trail of paperwork, and have them dig deeper

On 5/7/2023 at 11:29 AM, Eric Sanchez said:

This definitely sounds like an electrical issue. I think one of the clues is “ service steering column” message on the cluster. This is where I would start. I would drop the knee bolster an with the engine running I would start wiggling wires.  It could be a ground underneath or behind the dash.  I’ve found so many problem by using this. Then I would move to the engine compartment anwiggle wires and move or wiggle the connectors. Hope this helps. If you find it do not fix it take it back to the dealership and show them and let them fix it. That way it’s in the history on that truck. Also I’ve noticed GM corporate has reached out to you. Take advantage of this opportunity. This is your first step to make sure the dealership follows through instead of shoving you of because this is a hard problem to fix and they will not make the money off of it and move the simpler work ignoring you and your problem. They will back flag the dealership and make sure you are satisfied.