2024 Yukon Changes - What Do We Know For Sure?

Gave deposit to order 2024 Yukon AT4 when available.  Have seen some rumors and disguised Yukon pics.  What do we know for sure?

Am guessing on dash trans selectors to move back to console IE the redesigned Sierra from 2023?

And dash will be similar or the same as the Sierra?

Looks like spy pics show a new wheel for the AT4?

And reports of a factory 24" wheel?

Edited by Adplusone

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Perhaps the 'refresh' is delayed?

I figured the reveal would be at the Detroit auto show this month.

This showed up in order guide for Yukon XL/Denali (there is still no info on the Chev SUV's.)

Maybe this is all a leak to mislead? 

(of course the pics in article are the colour that is no longer available...)

image.png.390fea4777e0d0a35b27ff1663e55b7e.png

Also 

2024 GMC Yukon Drops Redwood Metallic Paint (gmauthority.com)

2024 GMC Yukon Drops Redwood Metallic Paint

image.thumb.png.e37804592d7798ec9ccb018eb7f508af.png

Sponsored Links

The 2024 GMC Yukon introduces only a few small updates compared to the preceding 2023 model year, including a slightly revised paint options list. More specifically, the 2024 GMC Yukon will no longer offer Redwood Metallic paint. Discontinuation of Redwood Metallic paint is the only paint color change for the 2024 model year, and no new paint options will be offered. 

image.thumb.png.9dd62fa3fd434052334a0f1482425c31.png

Redwood Metallic paint is tagged with paint code G48, and was initially offered for the 2022 model year as an extra-cost option for $495. Redwood Metallic was also available in combination with all five interior colorways.

The Redwood Metallic paint option was offered for the 2023 model year as well, once again for an extra $495. However, as GM Authority covered previously, the last order cycle for a 2023 GMC Yukon or Yukon XL in Redwood Metallic paint started August 3rd, 2023. Redwood Metallic will be built out after the week of September 18th.

The 2024 GMC Yukon was originally expected to debut a mid-cycle enhancement (alternatively known as a refresh) for the full-size SUV nameplate, but new information later came to light which indicated that the refresh would in fact debut for the 2025 model year, if not later.

image.thumb.png.a10cb1852523b6a22d872fabbb4f1e54.png

With the refreshed GMC Yukon debuting later than originally expected, the 2024 GMC Yukon will once again offer 3.0L I6 LM2 turbodiesel Duramax engine as optional, rather than the 3.0L I6 LZ0 turbodiesel Duramax engine expected originally. The 3.0L I6 LZ0 was expected to replace the 3.0L I6 LM2 diesel engine offered currently, with the former producing 10 percent more power (305 horsepower at 3,750 rpm) and 7.6 percent more torque (495 pound-feet of torque) compared to the LM2.

As a reminder, the GMC Yukon rides on the GM T1 platform and is produced at the GM Arlington plant in Texas. When it does debut, the refreshed GMC Yukon will introduce new exterior styling, an overhauled cabin, new tech features, and more.