Jump to content
  • Sign up for FREE! Become a GM-Trucks.com Member Today!

    In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

What is this piece on the Intake Manifold found in Vortec 5.3/6.0 Engines

Recommended Posts

I'm looking over the intake manifold and noticed that a piece of it is melted. I'm neither its function or what it is.

This is the picture of the piece. It's not my picture; like I wrote, the one on my intake is melted in.


Someone looks like they may have plastic welded it? I'm not sure. Maybe this is related to the knock sensor problem?

Will I need to order a new intake manifold?



Here's another picture.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If the tab on that connector breaks off and the port opens you will get a lean fuel code and need yo put a cap on it. My 2010 tab got knocked off by my mechanic while changing the plugs and we put a cap on the port.


  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.