2022 GMC Sierra 1500 Non Bose REFRESH Amplifier Install

Wish me luck! Going to be installing my fully integrated (some call it the loop harness) into my refresh Sierra this weekend. If it doesn’t work I’m sending it to the shop and they can figure it out 😂 goal is to amplifier both front and rear speakers! 

Details:

WAVETECH LINK6 LOC to retain factory head unit 

JL Audio 400/4 Amplifier 

Dash Speakers: Kenwood Excelon KFC-X2C

Front Speakers: Infinity References

Rear Speakers: Infinity References

Harness: custom made by John at A.I.S Solutions (email him at [email protected] and he’ll get you all set up!)
Extra junk: marine grade heat shrink butt connectors, wire ferrules for speaker wire, tesa tape, 9 conductor speed wire

Honestly with everything going on with LLJ and their customer service plus extremely long wait times (months after their stated times on their website including lead and shipping), this was my best solution. I was going to get a loopback harness from them but after waiting 3 months which was what I was told it would take, they told me it would be another 3. Although their products look beautiful and I’m sure work great, I wanted my truck done quicker. This solution was great. John was QUICK. I got the harness in less than 3 weeks. I ended up buying two 20 feet 9 conductor speed wire ($20 on Amazon) and butt connecting them to the harness myself because he does charge $10/foot. I needed about 15 feet to run it back from my front passenger kick panel to the rear under bench area. I used the WAVETECH Link 6 LOC to allow me to retain the factory head unit. I’m hoping this will all work okay, but if it doesn’t it’s just my connections because the harness works great! This was a learning experience and if I have any advice, I’d recommend connecting everything up outside the vehicle, then testing before pulling up all the paneling. This way you can ensure it all works and not be frustrated. I also ran the amplifier first with the ground and power wires so I can make sure that piece is done and working. 

I’ll update and post pictures once it’s all completed! Hope this helps someone. 

IMG_7819.jpeg

IMG_7820.jpeg

Edited by Baymax0317
Update spelling
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

How did it work out?

I am planning  on doing the same thing to my 23 Trailboss.

I have the same harness. John is great.

I will be using the Kicker Key amps.

Pioneer A series speakers. Mainly because of the 2 3/4 inch co axial in the dash and the 8” sub box will fit inside my under seat storage box.

I have collected all of the parts. Just need the time.

Did you have to bypass the active noise cancelation?

• Like 1

so your amp is only powering the 4 door speakers, not the dash speakers?  The doors won't over power them?  I'm not a stereo guy but wanting to do something similar, just wondering why not go with a 6 channel instead?  THanks!

• 1 month later...
On 1/11/2024 at 7:53 PM, Baymax0317 said:

Wish me luck! Going to be installing my fully integrated (some call it the loop harness) into my refresh Sierra this weekend. If it doesn’t work I’m sending it to the shop and they can figure it out 😂 goal is to amplifier both front and rear speakers! 

Details:

WAVETECH LINK6 LOC to retain factory head unit 

JL Audio 400/4 Amplifier 

Dash Speakers: Kenwood Excelon KFC-X2C

Front Speakers: Infinity References

Rear Speakers: Infinity References

Harness: custom made by John at A.I.S Solutions (email him at [email protected] and he’ll get you all set up!)
Extra junk: marine grade heat shrink butt connectors, wire ferrules for speaker wire, tesa tape, 9 conductor speed wire

Honestly with everything going on with LLJ and their customer service plus extremely long wait times (months after their stated times on their website including lead and shipping), this was my best solution. I was going to get a loopback harness from them but after waiting 3 months which was what I was told it would take, they told me it would be another 3. Although their products look beautiful and I’m sure work great, I wanted my truck done quicker. This solution was great. John was QUICK. I got the harness in less than 3 weeks. I ended up buying two 20 feet 9 conductor speed wire ($20 on Amazon) and butt connecting them to the harness myself because he does charge $10/foot. I needed about 15 feet to run it back from my front passenger kick panel to the rear under bench area. I used the WAVETECH Link 6 LOC to allow me to retain the factory head unit. I’m hoping this will all work okay, but if it doesn’t it’s just my connections because the harness works great! This was a learning experience and if I have any advice, I’d recommend connecting everything up outside the vehicle, then testing before pulling up all the paneling. This way you can ensure it all works and not be frustrated. I also ran the amplifier first with the ground and power wires so I can make sure that piece is done and working. 

I’ll update and post pictures once it’s all completed! Hope this helps someone. 

IMG_7819.jpeg

IMG_7820.jpeg

Hello,

I'm trying to do the same but without the harness LLJ has ridiculous wait times. Did it work? and did it drown the front 2.75" speakers or did it sound good?

How come you didn't replace dash speakers as well?