WAMS Wireless CarPlay Radio dealer bricked

Hey everyone, I brought my truck to get it service and they did a little of everything, including updating the vehicle radio. I have a 2019 Silverado but the radio from wams is 2021. When the dealer installed the update, they installed the 2019 Firmware on it. They said they can’t do anything so now I lost my wireless CarPlay and vehicle cameras. Does anyone have or know where I can get the V164 update usb file? That version is for the 2021 radios and I believe it is the latest. I just really need help with fixing this issue. I have contacted White Auto and Media (WAMS) and haven’t heard back yet, but If anyone knows anything that may help, please help me 😭 🙏🏻 

Your not the 1st one that this has happened to. There should be a thread on here about it. Unfortunately the dealer does not know that you have reprogrammed anything and when they update the system it will remove the WAMS programing. I don't think the guy that this happened to was able to get his problem resolved by the dealer or WAMS. 

OK I went back and found the thread I was referring to. It was not for the WAMS radio upgrade but an MVI factory NAV upgrade. Although a different upgrade than yours it's the same scenario with the dealer.

Edited by 2016 Sierra Owner
Added link to post

Since my thread was quoted I'm going to chime in.  Dealer never had luck with GM.  Dealer wasn't willing to help for what I consider theft.  It's my property, not theirs.  A lawyer was interested and said they think I had a case, but I took a pass due to cost and the fact I never solicited the lawyer (there are eyes everywhere here).  I ended up paying MVI to have it restored.  They did discount the price.  MVI and WAMS are familiar with each other.  I didn't know about WAMS when I first found MVI, and really have nothing negative to say about either.  I recommend working it out with WAMS and be prepared to pay.  I'm also going to add that I very seriously looking at bailing on GM.  There's a number of things I'm seeing that has me reconsidering my next 5 vehicle purchases at a minimum.  Looking hard at the next 4Runner for the wife, and cars for all 3 of my kids.  When my truck isn't worth keeping anymore I'll likely head to Toyota or Lexus and get a Sequoia or similar. 

Edited by Transient