2019 Sierra Denali Adaptive Ride control w/ lift

Hello, I purchased a 2019 GMC Sierra 1500 Denali from an auction. I took it to a local shop to do some mods and inspect the already installed 6-inch BDS lift and suspension. This truck was stolen, so some things were unplugged and removed, but nothing major. The truck runs fine, it shows service side detection and service parking assist on the dash. The shop said they didn't see anything wrong with everything looking good, other than the magneride suspension driving soft and spongey. They asked me to take it to the dealer to see if they could see why it was not responding. 

The truck is at the dealer right now repairing a few times. Reprogramming keys/computer, repairing the GPS antenna, visors, the parking/side detection, and also inspecting the magneride suspension. The dealer said they could not see anything wrong, they recommended they would have to remove and then reinstall the BDS lift to see what is causing the issue with the suspension being so soft. Has anyone run into this before or recommend how to correct this? 

I spoke with the lift shop and relayed what the dealer told me. They said to bring it back after it's out of the dealer to have his tech go through it again. 

Edited by fsoria1315

The lift that was installed, do you know if it was the BDS kit for Denali which has the parts to keep the Adaptive Ride Control working?

The T1s use Adaptive Ride Control now, not Magneride.  

Here's the BDS kit - BDS Suspension ⚡ (bds-suspension.com)     

6" instructions for Denali - 021702.pdf (cloudinary.com)

If you don't see any of the ARC relocation brackets, then its possible someone installed the non ARC lift, which if that's the case, I'd check the shocks to see if they've been bypassed.  

Do you have a list of trouble codes from the truck?  All those messages, gotta be some codes in there.  

46 minutes ago, newdude said:

The lift that was installed, do you know if it was the BDS kit for Denali which has the parts to keep the Adaptive Ride Control working?

If you don't see any of the ARC relocation brackets, then its possible someone installed the non ARC lift, which if that's the case, I'd check the shocks to see if they've been bypassed.  

Do you have a list of trouble codes from the truck?  All those messages, gotta be some codes in there.  

I will confirm this info when I get the truck back. The shop is a well known good local shop that specializes in truck suspension and modifications. When they did the inspection they said it appeared that everything was connected and installed properly.  I asked the dealer if they could send me the trouble code list. 

Edited by fsoria1315

• 3 weeks later...

Got the truck back from the dealer, they said the lift is what's causing the spongey suspension throwing the system out of wack. No check engine lights or warnings are showing now. I got the truck back at the suspension shop and they found a broken suspension ride height rod broken. Surprised the dealer didn't catch it, they just want me to remove the lift. The shop did a temporary fix but still riding really spongey. 

IMG_20240307_093603.jpg

Posted (edited)

Here are other pictures of the suspension. 

https://photos.app.goo.gl/MUFPJeUoJ6ngaH5Y8

The shop said they could replace and put fox shocks and coils which would take care of the problem. They said maybe the ECU isn't detecting the adaptive ride control? 

Edited by fsoria1315

• fsoria1315 changed the title to 2019 Sierra Denali Adaptive Ride control w/ lift
On 2/14/2024 at 9:24 AM, newdude said:

No lights or codes for ARC. Shop disconnected the shocks to see what would happen. It light up light a Christmas tree. 🤷‍♂️