DIY Intake Cleaning--How Often?

I did the CRC this weekend for the first time and am kicking myself for not doing it before.

My truck does have the Air Raid Jr so getting to the throttle body was as simple as loosening up on hose clamp.

Given how simple this is how often are people doing it?

I was thinking every 2nd oil change?

27 minutes ago, bayouguy71 said:

I did the CRC this weekend for the first time and am kicking myself for not doing it before.

My truck does have the Air Raid Jr so getting to the throttle body was as simple as loosening up on hose clamp.

Given how simple this is how often are people doing it?

I was thinking every 2nd oil change?

Spring /Fall when i check Air Filter

• Like 1

Can we assume you're talking about the CRC GDI intake valve cleaner?

This is what CRC say.

Use this intake cleaner every 10,000 miles, or at every oil change, to prevent deposit buildup.

• Like 2

That's the stuff and that is my plan, every 10k or right before every other oil change.

I was just curious how many people do it that often.

I never do it. I only did one injection cleaning just to see if there was a difference, there wasn’t. Never did a front end alignment either. Our roads are pretty good. My wife’s 12 year old car has never been waxed. I only did quick detail twice. It still looks new. My 02 avalanche I did my hood and roof with quick detail twice. Although I have to do the plastic panels 3 times a year. I take care of my vehicles, I don’t like to waste money. 

Edited by KARNUT
  • Like 1

I do it on both GDI engines cars, 17 5.3L Silverado & our 15 X5 3.5L. This treatment only removes a small amount of the carbon on intake valves. Although I feel it's one of the better Chemicals out there with largest amount of PEA. Several video's on YouTube showing the results. 

• Like 1