Michelin LTX M/S vs Goodyear Silent armor

Anyone have experience with goodyear fortera silent armor tires? I've been looking at tire rack's ratings and am wondering if there's someting better than my tried and true Michelin LTX M/S tires? Oh no! Of course it's hard to argue with 43 million miles of experience on the Michelins vs less than a million on the goodyears according to the surveys. I'm still gonna get the Michelins this week unless someone can convince me otherwise....

Yeah, I sometimes suffer from "analysis paralysis". I like to go with what I know, but want to benefit from others inputs. I'm convinced the Michelin LTX M/S's saved my life and the life of my 2 daughters when I crossed a pass after it was closed due to an ice storm in Wyoming (after I started up...unbeknownst to me). They are great tires. I like my driving skills to be the limiting factor in driving, not my vehcile/tire combo. When you're white knuckling the steering wheel in a crappy situation isn't the time to wish you'd bought better tires. Just looking to see if they have been surpassed by something else....

I have the Goodyear silent Armor Wanglers. I lover them they look great and perform well on and off road. The ride softer than my BFGs did. They come with a trial period you can try them for 30days (I think) if you don't like them trade them for something else.

i had the Michelin cross terrains and the LTX MS tires , i currently have the goodyear forteras with silent armour.

Grip is better then the Michelins and the silent armour is working fenomenal , very very quiet tires.

The michelins had a little better sidewall stability.

These Michelins and goodyears are top performing tires , you can't go wrong with either of them.

My driving is mostly on highway and city roads. No off road.

chevrolet 2004 silverado 5.3

I have the Wrangler Silent Armor LT 265/75/16 Load Range E's on my '01 and they drive great. The ride is excellent and does not beat you to death like most people think with Range E's.

I have an appointment Friday to get the Silent Armor Fortera's on my brothers '04 Trailblazer.

I have the Assurance Triple Tread's on my mom's Mailbu and we all love the way those tires handle and how quiet they are.

I'll let you know how it goes when we get the Fortera's.

I am also looking for a new set of tires. We just bought a new GMC Sierra Denali and want to get rid of the Goodyear tires that are on it now. I had the Michelin LTX M/S tires on our last truck and really liked them but this time I think I will try the Michelin Cross Terrain. Does anyone think I will make a mistake by going with the Cross Terrain instead of the LTX? Our truck never leaves the paved roads and we do not do any heavy haulling.

Archived