Oh God.....

The concept truck is what makes me sad...not the hybrid deal....hybrid is great, its a good option, to keep the tree huggers off GM's back.

To each his own...

I actually like the GMC XT concept. It is based off the Holden Ute Crewman. It features an upcoming direct injected 4.9L V8 that makes 326hp along with the hybrid technology.

This will take care of most of the truck needs of most people. The biggest drawback I see is the low tow rating, but at 3500# it is higher than most compact trucks. In Australia a 4WD version is available, but it isn't the same as the 4WD trucks we have in the States.

For every day driving, this would work great for me. It isn't enough to tow my impala, but that would give me an excuse to buy an older Duramax truck :thumbs:

on pickuptruck.com they talked about dropping a 4.5 duramax in the concept one,

oh just an fyi, look at the headlights looks like the silv classics from 04 to 06, looks like GM realized they screwed up. ha.

I saw the hybrid tahoe drive away pretty impressive on electric only, if they put that transmission up to the 4.5 duramax you're talking about 30 to 35 mpg and a lot of towing, if you use a really strong unibody (unfortunately) or a body on frame setup.

Archived