Tbyrne Motorsports, Possible Bad Situation.

superbee

Sorry, the long and short seems to be he is getting a divorce and his email and phones are disconnected and people are afraid that they are out money sent. Here's others:

http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66810

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t=1941206

http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=215130

Looks like you can't even order anything from his website, no phones, nothing. The other sites have pulled him from the supporting vendor section until the issues are resolved. The admins might want to do the same here.

TBYRNE has currently been suspended from our supporting vendor program until we hear back from him. I hope everything is ok, and Tom has been an incredibly reliable vendor until now so I hope we get an update soon.

Until then if anyone finds out anymore information, or has purchased something from tom and not received it, please send me a pm.

• 2 weeks later...

Carol, one of Tom's employees posted on the LS1gto.com website that Tom has closed up shop. He had posted on the board questions about divorces, and sounded like he was gearing up to go through a nasty one. The business could have been a casualty.

• 4 weeks later...
I'm just going to make this post and leave it. I won't be coming back into the thread to discuss anything. Why? There are alot of good people out there and then there are the people that have nothing better to do than to make up stories, speculate and bash others. I've been reading alot of that in the threads about me. People can say what I want, I know who I am.

Contrary to what some think, I'm not sitting on a tropical island sipping fruity drinks with umbrellas. It's actually far from that. TBYRNE Motorsports was open for 11 years so it was a tough decision to pack it up. Why did that happen? It was a combination of alot of personal issues and the economy. I've found that I've sometimes talked about my personal life to much online so I'm not going to get into many more details about that. Yes, there were discussions about an upcoming divorce. You never know what life will toss at you. The last few months have shown me what's really important. That is my family. I could have no physical possessions but as long as I have my family, then I have everything! I was working way, way to much and setting the wrong priorities. Sometimes it's better to see that late than never.

The economy really didn't help either. Business slowed down alot over the last year and then there are always new vendors popping up. Many customers talk about good service but I've found that most go for the lowest price. There were times when I'd spend 45 minutes on the phone with someone and then have them purchase from somewhere else because their price was lower. Our price match policy helped and we deeply discounted some products at times to capture the sale. But you can only do some much without losing money. I hoped the economy would turn around but that didn't happen so I just had to make the decision to draw the line. I've read that I was out to screw customers. Take their money with no intention of delivering the product. That's not even close to being true! There were customers that received a refund if we knew the order wasn't going to be filled. Some weren't even charged if it was questionable. I've found that in the end, there were some orders that weren't filled. That wasn't intentional. The only thing that I can do is apologize. The credit card company can help with that so nobody is out any money. Didn't want any customers to lose out! There will be some that will say that their orders were delayed. We did our best to make things happen as quickly as possible. All companies have backordered products sometimes. In the end vendors have to rely on the manufacturers to provide accurate dates to provide us with product.

From here, there isn't much more that I can say. I probably should have posted just after we closed but I know how the net is. I figured there would be stories floating around. Those are going to happen no matter what. Of course there have been a bunch of them. I liked being in the performance industry and who knows what will happen in the future. There are alot of things that I would do different. And as they say, live and learn.

Take care.

Tom

PS - I'm not going to be posting this all over the net. I'm sure some will help it find it's way to other car forums. That is fine.

http://www.ls2gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=232608

I'm just going to make this post and leave it. I won't be coming back into the thread to discuss anything. Why? There are alot of good people out there and then there are the people that have nothing better to do than to make up stories, speculate and bash others. I've been reading alot of that in the threads about me. People can say what I want, I know who I am.

Contrary to what some think, I'm not sitting on a tropical island sipping fruity drinks with umbrellas. It's actually far from that. TBYRNE Motorsports was open for 11 years so it was a tough decision to pack it up. Why did that happen? It was a combination of alot of personal issues and the economy. I've found that I've sometimes talked about my personal life to much online so I'm not going to get into many more details about that. Yes, there were discussions about an upcoming divorce. You never know what life will toss at you. The last few months have shown me what's really important. That is my family. I could have no physical possessions but as long as I have my family, then I have everything! I was working way, way to much and setting the wrong priorities. Sometimes it's better to see that late than never.

The economy really didn't help either. Business slowed down alot over the last year and then there are always new vendors popping up. Many customers talk about good service but I've found that most go for the lowest price. There were times when I'd spend 45 minutes on the phone with someone and then have them purchase from somewhere else because their price was lower. Our price match policy helped and we deeply discounted some products at times to capture the sale. But you can only do some much without losing money. I hoped the economy would turn around but that didn't happen so I just had to make the decision to draw the line. I've read that I was out to screw customers. Take their money with no intention of delivering the product. That's not even close to being true! There were customers that received a refund if we knew the order wasn't going to be filled. Some weren't even charged if it was questionable. I've found that in the end, there were some orders that weren't filled. That wasn't intentional. The only thing that I can do is apologize. The credit card company can help with that so nobody is out any money. Didn't want any customers to lose out! There will be some that will say that their orders were delayed. We did our best to make things happen as quickly as possible. All companies have backordered products sometimes. In the end vendors have to rely on the manufacturers to provide accurate dates to provide us with product.

From here, there isn't much more that I can say. I probably should have posted just after we closed but I know how the net is. I figured there would be stories floating around. Those are going to happen no matter what. Of course there have been a bunch of them. I liked being in the performance industry and who knows what will happen in the future. There are alot of things that I would do different. And as they say, live and learn.

Take care.

Tom

PS - I'm not going to be posting this all over the net. I'm sure some will help it find it's way to other car forums. That is fine.

http://www.ls2gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=232608

My dealings with them have always been first rate with great prices. Too bad, another great vendor bites the dust.

Even great guys don't make it sometimes. Business requires a lot of work, good organization, a steady stream of customers, and good financial planning to work. If anything in the recipe falters, the rest can fall.

I never had any dealings with Tom but I wish those guys the best. They were always spoken of highly in the forums I read.

Even great guys don't make it sometimes. Business requires a lot of work, good organization, a steady stream of customers, and good financial planning to work. If anything in the recipe falters, the rest can fall.

I never had any dealings with Tom but I wish those guys the best. They were always spoken of highly in the forums I read.

How about all the people he basically robbed with no way for them to collect the money owed to them, i feel sorry for them not some idiot who lived way and i mean way beyond his means in a guy like tbyrne!

I don't know that he was living beyond his means...He had posted up a couple of months ago about hiding assets before an impending divorce. He was willing to go to great lengths to keep her from getting jack squat.

How about all the people he basically robbed with no way for them to collect the money owed to them, i feel sorry for them not some idiot who lived way and i mean way beyond his means in a guy like tbyrne!

My last dealings with him were earlier this year when I started looking for the Powerslot Plus 14" rotors. Looked all over the net and they were still the cheapest out there @399 plus shipping. Happened to catch a 1 day sale with them on a Friday, $299 delivered. Had them in 3 days. That was a SMOKIN deal.

• 2 weeks later...
I don't know that he was living beyond his means...He had posted up a couple of months ago about hiding assets before an impending divorce. He was willing to go to great lengths to keep her from getting jack squat.

I dunno how it works where he is, but Texas is a 50-50 state, which really means nothing. When my parents split it really cost my father more like 80-20. I don't blame any man who hides assets and his personal belongings to protect them from the courts. I would absolutely do the same thing in those circumstances.

Archived