4 Wheel Parts

Kody

Anyone order rim/tire combo from them? I've called a couple times to get pricing, but they are real reluctant, and basically just say that when I have my credit card out ready to purchase, they will give me the best price, otherwise they just give me retail... annoying.

How about there warrantee or return policy?

Thanks

Anyone order rim/tire combo from them? I've called a couple times to get pricing, but they are real reluctant, and basically just say that when I have my credit card out ready to purchase, they will give me the best price, otherwise they just give me retail... annoying.

How about there warrantee or return policy?

Thanks

I can't say that I have ever bought anything from them, but I do a lot of pricing when it comes to suspension, wheels, and tires. But I have also never called them to talk prices.

i found discount tire direct to be cheaper for tires. i did recently buy wheels from them though. i didnt bother with a combo since they also didnt carry the tire i wanted, but the wheels were cheap. they have alot of specials with alot of their stuff alot of free shipping.

it turns out that one of the wheels they sent me was wrong (one had a gloss black finish instead of matte black) so what theyre doing is sending me a new wheel, and when i get that i send back the wrong wheel. they gave me a ups return label so they are picking up the tab on everything- pretty good if you ask me.

if you buy online, you can see the discounted price for certain things once you add it to your cart if that helps at all.

I've ordered a ton from 4WP and have never had a problem with them. It may be the person you spoke to on the phone was a new guy or just someone having a bad day. I would call again to see if you get the same answer. If so, maybe they have changed their policy but I doubt it. I have always had good experiences with them on the phone and when I visited one of their shops. Very knowledgable folks too.

• 3 weeks later...

I've personally had a few bad experiences with 4WP and am glad to say I have not nor will I ever get anything from them...It may just be my local store but each time they've tried to screw me over. First time, I was trying to get some Pro Comp 8089s in a 16x8 for my HD and they kept going on about how it won't fit without a lift with the backspacing it had and because I had 285/75r16 tires already mounted on stockers...So I basically told em to F off and went down the road to a Tire Kingdom and ended up getting AR Baja rims even though I really wanted the PCs but was too impatient for shipping. Second and last time, I was shopping for tires for my NBS and they had started to give me the runaround again til I told em I already had a small lift on it, then the prices and choices they had for me were crappy. So I just got my BFGs from Discount, which is a lot closer to me anyways.

• 1 month later...

My friend just installed a BDS lift on his 2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon and ordered front/rear tube bumpers along with nerf bars and several other odds and ends from 4 wheel parts on May 5th and today is June 5th so it's been exactly 1 month and they still have not gotten the complete order filled. he had them ship it to our local store since it was free shipping to the store. He has vowed to never purchase from them again, I am trying to talk him into cancelling the order just to make a point then purchase from another place.

I personally have never ordered anything from them for myself but probably never will after reading tons of bad experiences from guys on these forums as well as others. one thing businesses need to realize is that word of mouth is their best form of promotion so customer service is key to a successfull business.

From what I can tell, it's feast or famine, rain or shine, good or bad, to deal with them and it's HIGHLY dependent on the location.

The one close by me (Moore, Oklahoma) is pretty kickass for customer service and pricing. But I've been in a couple that I wanted to punch somebody within 3 minutes of walking in the joint.

I ended up getting my Pro Comp crap from them though, they gave me a somewhat decent deal on it...The only other 4wd places I know of in town kept trying to sell me that 300 dollar super spring thing.

• 10 months later...
From what I can tell, it's feast or famine, rain or shine, good or bad, to deal with them and it's HIGHLY dependent on the location.

The one close by me (Moore, Oklahoma) is pretty kickass for customer service and pricing. But I've been in a couple that I wanted to punch somebody within 3 minutes of walking in the joint.

This is true. I've always hated their bullshWONt but about 3 months ago, the 4WP in Austin got a new manager and the whole place seems pretty cool now. Go figure. One guy turned the reputation around.

• 5 weeks later...

I have used them for my last 2 wheel/tire packages. Both times I received everything within a week (frieght) and always got a good deal. Now, that downfall. I paid for mount/balance both times. Both times I had to have them re-balanced b/c they vibrated like crazy. Guys at my tire shop say they use old balance machines or something. I called them up and complained both times and each time I was awarded a gift card to cover my costs. Having said that, I really havent had a problem with them and will use them again.

• 1 year later...

I just ordered the new Dynomax exhaust kit for my truck from them. I received it in about 4 daysand found it was the wrong part number (for 2007-2008 trucks). I called customer service and told them that the Dynomax instructions say it is for 2007-2009, but the Dynomax website shows a different part number for 2009-2010 Silverados. They immediately emailed me a paid UPS return label and said they would ship the right part number as soon as they received the old one.

They should get the old one today and I hope to get the right one in four more days! So far no complaints. Customer service was very helpful and it looks like it is the fault of Dynomax and not 4WP for the wrong part number.....

I just ordered the new Dynomax exhaust kit for my truck from them. I received it in about 4 daysand found it was the wrong part number (for 2007-2008 trucks). I called customer service and told them that the Dynomax instructions say it is for 2007-2009, but the Dynomax website shows a different part number for 2009-2010 Silverados. They immediately emailed me a paid UPS return label and said they would ship the right part number as soon as they received the old one.

They should get the old one today and I hope to get the right one in four more days! So far no complaints. Customer service was very helpful and it looks like it is the fault of Dynomax and not 4WP for the wrong part number.....

Update:

4WP did the right thing! The correct part number was more expensive than the one they originally shipped. They sent me the new one at the same price and I got it on Friday. Very quick turnaround and excellent customer service! :thumbs: This was my first order with them, and I will definitely order from them again.

• 2 weeks later...

I bought some BFG Km2's, DC-2's, body lift, leveling kit, and shocks from them yesterday. Made my appointment for Tuesday to do the install, gave me every discount he possibly could, and was very friendly. My first experience with them, and I'll let everyone know how things go this week (hopefully everything goes smoothly)

I wouldn't buy anything from 4 Wheel Parts. Had a friend who bought some 3.73 gears for his Chevy to replace the stock 3.42 gears in both front and rear differentials. He had to make numerouls trips to the store to get the leaks stopped after installing the gears and they finally purchased some OEM gaskets to put on the truck to fix it since the gaskets that came with the gears didn't work correctly. They didn't even put enough fluid in the rear and caused the bearings to go bad.

Archived