20 Inch Rim

Justin Lane

I know this setup has be posted countless of times.

I just want to know the biggest size mud tire I can run on a 20 inch rim. Lets just say I am leveled out.

pics for clicks

4925335936_9b79015203_z.jpg

Now I know I have seen some stock 20's on yukons and sierras. Anyone have a larger mud tire on those too?

Go to google images and put in a tire size and then "on a GMC" literally tons came up.

Your looking at probably a 285 width, i duno the height.. Honestly like its been said this has to be one of the most popular question on here do a search and im sure you can find you answer.

I can tell you 33x12.5x30 or 305/55/20 WILL NOT WORK it will rub likea bitch you'll be cuttin a good bit of metal

Go to google images and put in a tire size and then "on a GMC" literally tons came up.

I really like the look of your tires too on the stock 17's. Do you wish you would of went a tad bigger or what?

Sometime I wish I had went with the 295/70/17' mostly because I like the pattern/sidewall of the Trail Grapplers. I also wanted to go with some Dick Cepek Mud Country's but they only came in 33x12.5x17.

I'm completely happy with my decision to go with 285/70/17's. I use my truck off-road during duck season and deer season so I can't have any rubbing (Plus it drives me crazy too). One of the main reasons I just played it safe and stuck with the 285's. They look good, fill out the wheel wells, and I was too chicken to cut on my new truck.

To go with a 305 or 33x12.5 width on these trucks just isnt smart unless you're willing to cut on you truck and make them fit or go with a body lift.

damn. I really want the 20 inch yukon/sierra rims or just bigger tires for my 17's. I guess I'll probably save up for just bigger tires unless i find someone who wants to swap with me :nono:

Just be patient get your money up and then buy exactly what you want.

http://www.wheelsnext.com/wheels-rims/20_i...ack%20flat.html

what size do i need. I am leaning towards these. I talked to a local today and this is what he runs....

38484050010_large.jpg

That looks good but i he's running 35x12.5 on just a 2" spacer he rubbed like a bitch and he cut a good bit of metal out. No way in hell he didn't cut a good hunk of metal out.

http://www.wheelsnext.com/wheels-rims/20_i...ack%20flat.html

what size do i need. I am leaning towards these. I talked to a local today and this is what he runs....

38484050010_large.jpg

That looks good but i he's running 35x12.5 on just a 2" spacer he rubbed like a bitch and he cut a good bit of metal out. No way in hell he didn't cut a good hunk of metal out.

Absolutely had to. My 33s rubbed like bitch with 2" level, it was TERRIBLE would have had to cut metal to clear those, no way the 35 clears withouth cutting metal. Its takes a FULL 6 inches of lift not even 5 will do it!

Archived