2014 Silverado Starting problems

My truck is new(79 Miles on it) got it yesterday, today 0 degrees, would not start. Got out the hammer and wrapped on the exhaust and it started. There is some kind of exhaust flap i read about here that has been causing issues! On my way back to the dealer now! Not Happy

My truck is new(79 Miles on it) got it yesterday, today 0 degrees, would not start. Got out the hammer and wrapped on the exhaust and it started. There is some kind of exhaust flap i read about here that has been causing issues! On my way back to the dealer now! Not Happy

Did it crank when it wouldn't start?

I think I identified what caused my truck to fail starting. I bought a Range V8 and installed it last week. I drove the truck once, and then it stayed parked for 5 days. Then the truck wouldn't start. I remembered the Range V8 and went to their web site to contact them and ask if the unit could cause a battery drain. I found this information on the site:

The Range Device does draw on the vehicle battery during normal operation. If you drive your vehicle daily (or almost daily), then this will not be a concern. However, if you drive your vehicle infrequently (i.e., only on weekends), please remove the device. It is best practice to remove the device if your vehicle will sit for anything longer than 3-4 days.

So I can testify that this is absolutely correct. :rollin:

I test drove a 2014 Silverado, took it home overnight, went out the next morning, it would not start, it just clicked would not turn over. Temp was 0F, went out five minutes later, turned the key, turned over a few times then started. My buddy is the sales manager at this dealer and he told me if they keep the trucks in transport mode, they all start no matter what the temp, but if they take them out of transport mode, half of his Silverado's will not start. From my understanding, transport mode turns off all unnecessary electronics on the truck. He also said that his dealer rep from Chevy says most of his dealers are complaining about the same thing. I am getting my new one next week, I hope it warms up and Chevy can come up with a fix for this.