Napa Oil Filter # 1042 ?

I just got back from my local NAPA store to get a filter for my 2008 Silverado and the partsguy gave me a Napa Gold # 1042 which is what he said the book called for for my 2008 Silverado 1500 6.0 motor. I got home drained the oil and removed the old filter and when I went to put the new filter on, it would not screw on! I took the old filter and compared it to this new # 1042m and find the hole is way samller on the new filter than the old one! What is the best filter to use on these motors and who makes them. It had a Fram on it from before. Thanks in advance.

AC-Delco PF48 is the factory oil filter,and the one I always use.

Hopefully fellow forum member "jblakeney" will see this post and chime in on what filter you actually got,he works at a NAPA store.

IMHO, Fram would be the absolute worst filter you can use. Stay far, far away from them.

Did the filter have the same part number on it as did the box it came in?? Could have been packaged incorrectly from the factory or some dips** could have been playing with the boxes when a clerk wasn't looking.

For my '08, (also a 6.0L) I use either a K&N HP1017 or a Mobil-1 M1-113 filter. The AC Delco filter is a PF-48 and should work fine.

He gave you a filter for a 2006 and older 6.0. GM changed the threads to metric on the 2007 and newer trucks. That is why it didn't fit.

It takes and EaO50 AMSOIL filter or a Wix 57060 filter.

Either of these are good filters as well as the PF-48 that Rich recommended. :)

Archived