What has GM done new to set its self in the right direction.

Morgan1986

I just want to know why everyone is still entertaining this guy. He signs up to a GM Truck forum, with the name nomoreGM4me, bashes what we drive, runs off at the lips about how horrible a product GM makes and you guys sit here and argue with him. I know I'm a neewbie here, but I bleed bowtie red. Always owned Chevy's, converted my whole family over to Chevy, sorry guys but this guy is making my blood boil.

Dude I'm sure u drive an Ecoboost, bring that bitch to my area, we'll run a whole series of tests, my truck vs ur truck(if u even own a truck that is) and after I beat you in everything, u can come back on here and use those flapping lips to apologize to my forum brothers for being a dick pickle!

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quint said it best! nobody can argue with that!

as for footwell lighting. if your scared of the dark, go to autozone and buy some plug in neons to ziptie under there. $20 and you will be able to see your feet in any color you want LOL

as for the rear drum brakes... most of your braking power comes from the front brakes, NOT the rear. the reason the rears have drums is for reliability. unless your racing around the track, or towing a 20,000 lb trailer down a 6% grade road, then there is no NEED for rear discs. if the truck wasn't safe with rear drums, then it wouldn't be on the road.

the EB would have been light years better if they put a supercharger rather than a turbo... instant power. but of course they were going for the MPG freaks looking for that extra 1-2 mpg! the 5.0 is a nice engine, but only time will tell how their new lineup will last, so i'm not going to speculate.

Toyota is all about the profit. there trucks may appear superior to some others, but put them through a torture test and they will come in last. Ford made a video about this, youtube it and see how bad their frames flex.

i owned a dodge before i bought my silverado. the thing was a gas guzzling sluggish brick! it was reliable, but slow and had terrible fuel mileage. i can't say much about the newer hemi's, their interior and exterior designs just don't intrigue me enough to want to test drive one.

BTW, i average about 22-23 mpg highway in my truck mainly from my 87 octane tune (see sig). and its a 5.3L with 3.08 gears. i have an old thread recording all my experiences with adding the performance parts i installed and the MPG effect my truck had after installing them. i've towed a pair of jet ski's, a 26' boat, a uhaul trailer, up and down hills with it and it performs just fine.

dad said to day on his hemi get gets about 26 to 27 mpg

Quint said it best! nobody can argue with that!

as for footwell lighting. if your scared of the dark, go to autozone and buy some plug in neons to ziptie under there. $20 and you will be able to see your feet in any color you want LOL

as for the rear drum brakes... most of your braking power comes from the front brakes, NOT the rear. the reason the rears have drums is for reliability. unless your racing around the track, or towing a 20,000 lb trailer down a 6% grade road, then there is no NEED for rear discs. if the truck wasn't safe with rear drums, then it wouldn't be on the road.

the EB would have been light years better if they put a supercharger rather than a turbo... instant power. but of course they were going for the MPG freaks looking for that extra 1-2 mpg! the 5.0 is a nice engine, but only time will tell how their new lineup will last, so i'm not going to speculate.

Toyota is all about the profit. there trucks may appear superior to some others, but put them through a torture test and they will come in last. Ford made a video about this, youtube it and see how bad their frames flex.

i owned a dodge before i bought my silverado. the thing was a gas guzzling sluggish brick! it was reliable, but slow and had terrible fuel mileage. i can't say much about the newer hemi's, their interior and exterior designs just don't intrigue me enough to want to test drive one.

BTW, i average about 22-23 mpg highway in my truck mainly from my 87 octane tune (see sig). and its a 5.3L with 3.08 gears. i have an old thread recording all my experiences with adding the performance parts i installed and the MPG effect my truck had after installing them. i've towed a pair of jet ski's, a 26' boat, a uhaul trailer, up and down hills with it and it performs just fine.

dad said to day on his hemi get gets about 26 to 27 mpg

Maybe if he's coasting down a hill.

well we will see what he gets when he come from BC to alberta to my place . he has owned the truck for almost a year now and said its getting better fuel mileage with the 4 cylinder mode. he does not seem to be the one to lie or exaggerated things . His speeds are just what the trafic is doing . so in alberta that would be 120 kms and in bc anything from 70 to 120km depending on location. and if he was going down hill he lives on a mountain so there is a up hill with ever down hill . When he first owned it . it did not have that great fuel milage he said .

well we will see what he gets when he come from BC to alberta to my place . he has owned the truck for almost a year now and said its getting better fuel mileage with the 4 cylinder mode. he does not seem to be the one to lie or exaggerated things . His speeds are just what the trafic is doing . so in alberta that would be 120 kms and in bc anything from 70 to 120km depending on location. and if he was going down hill he lives on a mountain so there is a up hill with ever down hill . When he first owned it . it did not have that great fuel milage he said .

Is his calculation based on imperial gallons or the US gallon. I'm on the phone right now so I can't do the math but 27 MPG imperial sounds reasonable.

The guy I work with has an eco boost, we raced and yes he did beat my chevy, but it wasn't by a long shot, hell he creeped about half a truck length then we held, that's not saying much for a tt vs. Just a bb tuned truck.

Then he needs a driver mod. Stock Ecoboosts are running high 13's in the 1/4 mile. I doubt your tuned 5.3 could even break 16 seconds.

whatever buddy, who cares....if i payed as much as you did for a V6 with a little puffer on it it BETTER run a 13 sec qt :nopity: ... the fact is your truck will never be a fire breathing V8. which makes it very hard for most REAL men to like. #2 its a ford. #3 come up where i live, follow my truck around for a year, we will see how well the phrase "ford tough" plays out. i have a buddy that bought a eco-boost. they are plastic flexi-flyers, parts come flyin off prety easy. weak ass bumper, weak ass tail gate...plastic shit alllll over the truck. typical ford plastic rocketship. tranny already shifts like a brick. he already regrets it. quit trying to justify what you bought, fan boy.

the F-series does NOT sell more pickups than GM/Chevy combined. join a ford forum, bash chevies on there, good riddance......V6 ahahahahah

the F-series does NOT sell more pickups than GM/Chevy combined. join a ford forum, bash chevies on there, good riddance......V6 ahahahahah

I don't know if the sales numbers released recently are US/Canadian sales combined or US-only but either way Ford beats GM unless you start adding things like the Avalanche and the Caddy version, and even then I'm not sure as I haven't searched for sales figures on those two models.

I don't know if the sales numbers released recently are US/Canadian sales combined or US-only but either way Ford beats GM unless you start adding things like the Avalanche and the Caddy version, and even then I'm not sure as I haven't searched for sales figures on those two models.

I agree. Ford is still outselling GMC/Chevy combined but you gotta remember a: Ford's marketing is better and b: thier trucks are cheaper to start with. In houston, I see more chevy/gmc on the road than ford however.

I agree. Ford is still outselling GMC/Chevy combined but you gotta remember a: Ford's marketing is better and b: thier trucks are cheaper to start with. In houston, I see more chevy/gmc on the road than ford however.

+1

Is his calculation based on imperial gallons or the US gallon. I'm on the phone right now so I can't do the math but 27 MPG imperial sounds reasonable.

I dont know . He does not think metric that well . i am pretty sure it would be imperial tho becuase he only talk us gallon when he travels to the states and he states the words us gallon but the 27mpg he does not so i am assuming its imperial

The guy I work with has an eco boost, we raced and yes he did beat my chevy, but it wasn't by a long shot, hell he creeped about half a truck length then we held, that's not saying much for a tt vs. Just a bb tuned truck.

Then he needs a driver mod. Stock Ecoboosts are running high 13's in the 1/4 mile. I doubt your tuned 5.3 could even break 16 seconds.

whatever buddy, who cares....if i payed as much as you did for a V6 with a little puffer on it it BETTER run a 13 sec qt :nopity: ... the fact is your truck will never be a fire breathing V8. which makes it very hard for most REAL men to like. #2 its a ford. #3 come up where i live, follow my truck around for a year, we will see how well the phrase "ford tough" plays out. i have a buddy that bought a eco-boost. they are plastic flexi-flyers, parts come flyin off prety easy. weak ass bumper, weak ass tail gate...plastic shit alllll over the truck. typical ford plastic rocketship. tranny already shifts like a brick. he already regrets it. quit trying to justify what you bought, fan boy.

your starting to sound like the guy you are at war with . can almost feel the anger in your words and no really facts in those words just feeling words like a girl . not defending him or anything just play on a higher level man .

in canada there about the same or more expensive and no one really buys a basic single cab 4x2 no option truck . if that is what you mean cheap to start with . and they should be cheap to start with that is a good thing .

your starting to sound like the guy you are at war with . can almost feel the anger in your words and no really facts in those words just feeling words like a girl . not defending him or anything just play on a higher level man .

in canada there about the same or more expensive and no one really buys a basic single cab 4x2 no option truck . if that is what you mean cheap to start with . and they should be cheap to start with that is a good thing .

its all for shits and giggles man LOL no anger dont worry..all smiles :thumbs:

and yes last time i checked. GM as a whole sells more "trucks" than ford does

Archived