WeatherTech Fit Issue

I have a 2011 GMC 2500HD crewcab. I wanted the WeatherTech liners to protect the carpet from the slop in the winter. So I ordered the front over the hump liner. The liner didn't fit as well as I thought it should. There's a gap at the top of the drivers side upright piece the goes along the kick plate. So I took pictures of it and contacted WeatherTech to have it replaced which they did. The replacement is doing the same thing only not as bad. A friend at work has them and same thing also. Passenger side is up against the kick plate. Could it be a manufacturing problem? I'm thinking that for $130 it should fit right. How does yours fit?

post-95614-0-13932700-1329596929_thumb.jpg

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My fronts in my 2010 Silverado don't do that, they fit perfect BUT they are not the single piece. The rear one is the single piece and it was all curled up like that when I first installed them. The way they are folded up in the box will make them do that, it should becaome a little more straight after a while.

My front ones were about half bowed as yours, so I took a heat air gun warmed it up and molded it tight where it should be. And yes for the money shouldnt have to do that but such is life. I just bought a set for the wife car from Weathertech and the fit was perfect.

I thought about heating it up and trying to mold it better. It looks like where it wraps around the plastic venting on the hump is causing the problem, like the rest of the mat is to short? I'll post a picture later today.

I own a 2012 Yukon Denali.

I have WeatherTech liners in the front (2 piece), rear bench seat area, and cargo area and they are all a perfect fit

I would give them a call, and explain your concerns.

Mine does that too, pretty much the exact same way as yours! I think I will try the heat gun method. I have thought about in the past, using velcro, but the heatgun thing would be better.

Archived