OFFICIAL Remington 870 thread

Well Ill try to explain. I got my gun in June 2010. That was about 4 months before I hurt my back. I'd go out shoot 100 shells. Shoulder would be sore. After I hurt my back after about 30 shells I'd be sore in the back and shoulder would hurt like normal. If I shot stationary targets and rested the gun say on the bed rail of my truck, no problem with my back, just shoulder from recoil. I use the new grip and pull the gun to my shoulder so I don't do as much with my left arm. Its not supporting the same weight so to speak I shifted a little. Could be my imagination but I went out 2 weeks ago and put 150 shells thru it. A little sore in the back but not as bad as before. Shoulder hurt like hell though because I hadn't shot the 870 in over a year.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I looked into a tactical style but I like the ShurShot stock.

The length is about the same I think as the normal stock which is fine with me. Its a lot more comfortable and hell to each his own. Make it yours and perform well. I'd like to get a second 870. A tactical. And I'd love a versamax

The length is about the same I think as the normal stock which is fine with me. Its a lot more comfortable and hell to each his own. Make it yours and perform well. I'd like to get a second 870. A tactical. And I'd love a versamax

i have an 1187 versamax in mossy oak. amazing gun. never jams

Didn't mention that before....semi or not your shotgun should never "jam". I have never had or saw one fail to eject. Some race guns may due to their modifications but these Remingtons are definately bullet proof!

I'd like to pick up a semi one of these days too. Would like a Benelli but that's a ton of $$ for a shotgun.

Sent from my iPhone4S

using Tapatalk

i have an 1187 versamax in mossy oak. amazing gun. never jams

The 1187 is different from the VersaMax. The VersMax is their new model. it will cycle seamlessly between all shells

http://remington.com/product-families/firearms/shotgun-families/autoloading-model-11-87.aspx

http://remington.com/product-families/firearms/shotgun-families/autoloading-versa-max.aspx

Didn't mention that before....semi or not your shotgun should never "jam". I have never had or saw one fail to eject. Some race guns may due to their modifications but these Remingtons are definately bullet proof!

I'd like to pick up a semi one of these days too. Would like a Benelli but that's a ton of $$ for a shotgun.

Sent from my iPhone4S

using Tapatalk

I helped my aunt and uncle shop for each other for christmas. i had him get her an iPad to make her job as a real estate agent easier. she can view propeerties on the go or while standing with a client. I had her get him his dream gun and yours a Benelli Vinci. the Camo one. I shot it. I fell in love with it

ohh i thought it was still called an 1187 versamax. mine never came with a box or anything.

most of the semi's me and my freinds have tend to be a little bit older and they sometimes jam or fail to eject.

• 2 weeks later...

Had several over the decades...down to two right now.

Newer 870 Ultramag Express that takes 3 1/2 inch shells is the new farm truck gun. Replaced the 26 inch barrel with the 23 inch turkey tube, has a mod. choke tube in it right now. Also replaced the plastic trigger guard with an older aluminum one.

Older Wingmaster with a 20 inch barrel sits under the counter at my liquor store. Loaded with 2 3/4 magnum double ought buck.

I actually prefer 1100s for most hunting uses.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived