changed oil now piston slapds

have about 6k on 2012 6.6 duramax. put 10 quarts of amsoil 15w40 full synthetic with amsoil filter and now i hear piston slap.

Could this be because it might be a different weight oil than original or could it be from going to synthetic? Checked oil level and it is right in the hatches.

Thanks

funny thing about taking it somewhere, I'm stationed on Kodiak Island for the next 4 years. Only actually dealership is Ford. It seems to be running fine I have been towing with it and keep an eye on temps and all that. Just noticed that typewriter clicking sound after I changed the oil. Im guessing its from changing to synthetic

funny thing about taking it somewhere, I'm stationed on Kodiak Island for the next 4 years. Only actually dealership is Ford. It seems to be running fine I have been towing with it and keep an eye on temps and all that. Just noticed that typewriter clicking sound after I changed the oil. Im guessing its from changing to synthetic

Off topic, but what happens if the truck becomes undriveable while under warranty? GM pay for tow and ferry cost for both truck and tow truck?

Off topic, but what happens if the truck becomes undriveable while under warranty? GM pay for tow and ferry cost for both truck and tow truck?

Im not really sure what would happen if I had to ferry it somewhere for warranty work. I should probably find that out. I personally think that they would not pay for it. It would have to be ferried to Homer AK, then trailered another 4 hours to Anchorage.

On another note if it was the fuel injectors making noise does that mean I possibly got some bad fuel?

Q: What is the 100,000 mile/5-year Powertrain warranty?

A: All GM cars and light duty trucks are covered. The Powertrain Limited Warranty is 100,000 miles or 5 years (whichever comes first, see dealer for details). It is fully transferable and there are no fees and no deductibles. In addition, the Roadside Assistance and Courtesy Transportation programs are also 100,000 miles or 5 years (whichever comes first). For more details, please visit your dealer.

I'll have to talk to my dealer then. Do the duramax engines have to use a specific brand of oil to be covered under warranty, like the gas trucks do? I put Amsoil in it which isnt DEXOS approved for gas trucks but I didnt see anything for the duramax.

On another note "elcamino" you know where Crystal Falls, MI is? We have a cabin up towards that way, love it up there.

I'll have to talk to my dealer then. Do the duramax engines have to use a specific brand of oil to be covered under warranty, like the gas trucks do? I put Amsoil in it which isnt DEXOS approved for gas trucks but I didnt see anything for the duramax.

On another note "elcamino" you know where Crystal Falls, MI is? We have a cabin up towards that way, love it up there.

I am 80 miles north in the Houghton area. Over the years spent a lot of time in cfalls area. I worked 30 yrs for state DOT and we have a regional office there.

AMSOIL is the best diesel oil you can put in your engine. I am a AMSOIL dealer and have over 10 D/A customers using AMSOIL, many with over 100,000 miles and towing travel trailers. GM can not make you use a specific brand of oil, they recommend specifications. As long as you are using the CJ-4 oil (OED or DME) 15-W-40 you are good.

I bet the noise you hear was there before.

Archived