How-To: Install GMT900 Footwell Lighting.

RyanbabZ71

I got board and installed some red LED in the foot wells, They are hooked to dash lights.They dim with the dash lights as well. I would have taken a pic but the red makes it hard to see them in a photo.

Toddfather..which wire did you used to hook up your footwell LEDS to control the led with the dash lights so the can be dim?

Toddfather..which wire did you used to hook up your footwell LEDS to control the led with the dash lights so the can be dim?

I am traveling this week. Shoot me a reminder around the 27th and I will take a look. I also installed a the same set up on a new member here named Seatec. Might be able to message him to look as well.

• 3 months later...

Finally added this to my 2014. This certainly is a must! I'll never understand why GM stopped the factory installed footwell lighting or the engine bay lighting. 2 things that my old 2002 Yukon Denali that my 2014 didn't come with. Evolution isn't always progress I guess!

Drivers side footwell before

vasarehy.jpg

Here it is now!

vabuvyvy.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is a myraid of little things GM has deleted over the years, while continuing to raise the price of the truck. Some that come to mind are:

• Underhood lamp(still available on the fullsize vans)
  • Footwell lighting
  • Rear power window switch lighting
  • air filter flow indicator
  • rear seat passenger ventilation
  • reel light under the hood
Edited by 2013sierrasle
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I am taking on a similar project with the foot lighting and under the front seats, except I want to have the lights come on and off with the dash and headlights. Also, I want to install a RGB strip controller to change colors when the mood hits me. Any takers on where I need to tap into to get this done? I have seen a video suggesting the use of the under hood fuse panel in the circuit #43 slot using an "add-a-circuit cable and a 12vdc relay. Although this is for ignition on/off functionality. FYI, this is for a 2010 Chevy Silverado 1500 LS extended cab.

• 1 month later...

I got board and installed some red LED in the foot wells, They are hooked to dash lights.They dim with the dash lights as well. I would have taken a pic but the red makes it hard to see them in a photo.

So did you ever tell us which wire you spliced into to get dash light + dim function?

Thanks!

• Like 1

I bought a wifi led controller from the bay. http://m.ebay.com/itm/400760823256?nav=SEARCH

I didn't pay that much for mine but it is the same. Power supply required is 12-24vdc. I am planning on using relays to operate two separate sets of lights. One to the controller above connected to the dash and the other direct to a white strip connected to the dome. This way white on when the door is open and the controller is on when the dash lights are on. Using the wifi allows you to connect your phone to the controller.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So did you ever tell us which wire you spliced into to get dash light + dim function?

Thanks!

Hadn't forgotten you guys. Soon as I got back from traveling my truck went right to the dealer.

• 1 month later...