How-To: Install GMT900 Footwell Lighting.

RyanbabZ71

I got board and installed some red LED in the foot wells, They are hooked to dash lights.They dim with the dash lights as well. I would have taken a pic but the red makes it hard to see them in a photo.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So dug around a little and figured it out. Take a large black cover off, same at older model. The plugs are different but wire colors are the same. Look for the top left plug and the same two grey wires are for dome lights. You can see them from the pic pretty good. Other then that it was the same as other instructions.

So how the f*ck did you manage to splice the grey wire? On my '14, there isn't much room or slack in the wires. And with the truck being 7 days old, I am a little hesitant to go snipping any wires.

• Like 1

I have some similar type of spice connectors but I think they are too big for the dental floss sized wires. I am going out today and see if I can find some smaller gauge splicers. Thanks for the info.

Added some underhood lighting today. Wired to the 12v post then to a switch to turn off and on

9epysuna.jpg

uqapaten.jpg

usu6yve7.jpg

9upyvave.jpg

Ryan

Edited by RyanbabZ71
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...