2011 transmission fluid and filter change

Going to change the transmission fluid and filter on my 2011 5.3 auto z-71 1500. Does the pan drop and come out when I take the bolts out. Just from a quick look at it nothing seems to be in the way except for maybe the exhaust pipe. I just want to make sure before I start taking the pan bolts out that I don't run into something unexpected. I remember my '01 was a pain with the shift bracket in the way. lol

you may have to remove or bend shifter cable bracket, then put jack under transmission, then remove 2 mount bolts, else you may damage shif solenoids in transmission.

don't force the pan in or out

The shift bracket isn't a problem on this truck. Its just tight clearance between the exhaust pipe and the pan. I moved the pan around for a while and finally got it out. The truck has about 11,000 miles on it. I tow and haul a lot and wanted to see how everything looked inside the pan. The magnet had a fair amount of metal fuzz on it but otherwise looked fine.

I put Amosil Dex VI in it and replaced the filter. It feels like it shifts smoother.

For others that may read this thread, be very careful when removing the pan. You can easily break a couple of solenoids/wires by "moving it around" if clearance is tight. Best to loosen the the tail-shaft mount and raise the rear of the trans slightly to obtain the clearance or lower the exhaust. Your choice.

Btw, it's Amsoil synthetic, not Amsoil Dex VI

AMSOIL Synthetic (ATL) in my trans since about 5,000 miles, now 10,700 miles. Complete fluid replacement as well as every other lubricant changed over. I noticed a diffinite improvement in trans operation since. Trans shifts much soother in cold weather. No trans complaints like others have with the 6sp, mine is flawless.

im an old guy and know transmissions pretty good and doing a service this early is a complete waste of money .....100% waste of money .

not knowing how things works and paranoia leads to this exact thing of over doing things ...

my opinion only,,do not freak out me , i hope you understand what i mean,all of you ,not just the OP

Not in my opinion is it a waste of money. I know how much better my truck and car perform with 100% synthetic lubricants in it over the cheap factory bulk supplied minimum spec'd lubes.

In the long run 100% synthetic lubricants last longer than other lubricants do, which reduces lubricant costs and the amount of used oil that must be disposed of.

Archived