Chit chat

SarahsGMC

On 8/26/2019 at 9:17 AM, Sierra Dan said:

I just passed a man this morning on my way to work.

He was riding one of those 50cc scooters, with a gallon of milk between the legs, a cell phone in his left hand and 

2 plastic sacks of groceries in his right (throttle) hand.

Couldn't help but think to myself.....   This guy needs a truck! :D

Or saddle bags :lol:

Ok, some some place(a dealer?) built up a few high performance Tundras back in the day? And it was called the RST?

I can't find anything on the internet about this.

https://tulsa.craigslist.org/cto/d/coweta-07-toyota-tundra-500hp/6966956086.html

If this is true it's one heck of a sleeper.

Edited by SnakeEyeSS

Ok, some some place(a dealer?) built up a few high performance Tundras back in the day? And it was called the RST?

I can't find anything on the internet about this.

https://tulsa.craigslist.org/cto/d/coweta-07-toyota-tundra-500hp/6966956086.html

If this is true it's one heck of a sleeper.

It’s more common than people think. Warranty and all. Through TRD, dealer installed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

The stupid is well underway here.  Sign on gas pump "no regular gas" apparently means sit there and stare at the pump or spend 20+ minutes having the pump squeeze every last bit of trash out of the station's fuel tank.  I'm worried I there won't be enough gas to mow my yard tomorrow.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KARNUT said:

It’s more common than people think. Warranty and all. Through TRD, dealer installed.

My brother recently leased a '19 Tundra - I was reading of that right in the paperwork that came with the truck! Didn't think anything like that was legal in Massachusetts ... ??

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chevyguy85 said:

The stupid is well underway here.  Sign on gas pump "no regular gas" apparently means sit there and stare at the pump or spend 20+ minutes having the pump squeeze every last bit of trash out of the station's fuel tank.  I'm worried I there won't be enough gas to mow my yard tomorrow.

Geesh, wish I was closer - I've got 65 gallons here. Just made a fuel run earlier in the week. I always try to before hurricane season hits.

Every so often we get stragglers that make their way up here and knock power out for over a week. Gotta be able to flush the toilets here, so I always stockpile fuel for the generator. Stays fresh as long as it's in 100% air tight containers

Lol I really didn't want to mow my yard today anyway. I was more annoyed that they're blocking the 2 diesel pumps at that station. I'm not even sure if my generator still works. Haven't cranked it since the last hurricane. Plus the muffler fell off when I used it that time too so my neighbors will be glad if it doesn't start up for this hurricane. It also needs a tune up. Other than gas that I don't especially need I'm pretty much set. Down here we fill the tubs with water to flush toilette if we need to. I can't ever remember a hurricane knocking the water system out though. Plus my tub doesn't hold water very long.  Neighbor still has a well pump in his backyard so if I really need water I can get it there, or my other property if the power to the pump is still on.  The building runs off a different power trunk than the back part where the pump is so the business can have power but the pump doesn't so no water.  Fun stuff for my tenant.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Edited by Chevyguy85

We used to do that before we had a generator. Any time there was a big storm in the forecast, we'd fill the tub.

One time my well pump took a shit in the middle of January.  8°F outside. We had to melt snow down in a pot on the stove in order to take showers - wife and I had to pour the water on each other to rinse off. Same to flush the toilet. That SUCKED. We used to lose power 100x a year, until things got so bad the power would go out every single time it rained, lol. No joke! People must've flipped out on the power company, because a week later there was an army of utility trucks roaming around town making random stops. They finally made the necessary repairs - everything has been good since - 6 years so far.

In other news, here's my latest project. ??

GOPR0883.jpg

GOPR0884.jpg

GOPR0913.jpg

GOPR0914.jpg

GOPR0915.jpg

• Like 1

22 hours ago, KARNUT said:

TRD never made an internals kit for the 5.7. only sold a S/C kit. Never had an RST trim kit either. I'm guessing this is something similar to the recent BIG 10 trim/lingenfelter  performance trucks or the Fireball tuner Chevy's. I just can't find anything about them.

Edited by SnakeEyeSS

8 hours ago, Chevyguy85 said:

Lol I really didn't want to mow my yard today anyway. I was more annoyed that they're blocking the 2 diesel pumps at that station. I'm not even sure if my generator still works. Haven't cranked it since the last hurricane. Plus the muffler fell off when I used it that time too so my neighbors will be glad if it doesn't start up for this hurricane. It also needs a tune up. Other than gas that I don't especially need I'm pretty much set. Down here we fill the tubs with water to flush toilette if we need to. I can't ever remember a hurricane knocking the water system out though. Plus my tub doesn't hold water very long.  Neighbor still has a well pump in his backyard so if I really need water I can get it there, or my other property if the power to the pump is still on.  The building runs off a different power trunk than the back part where the pump is so the business can have power but the pump doesn't so no water.  Fun stuff for my tenant.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

For a while I was keeping fresh 10-15 gallons stored at all times just in case. Massive storm, solar flare, earthquake, EMP, whatever, someone with extra gas is going to last longer. I figured now it easier to just buy a can and fill it the second something hits the news, since 97% of people are just going to be staring at their phones and posting final selfies and OMG!!!! On twitter for the first hour. 

• Like 2

I filled up the 3 cans I have.  EMP hit's I'm SOL since I don't have any Faraday cages, unless you count my microwave but that's dying already.  Neighbor helped me with my generator, we fabricated a bracket to hold the muffler on so now it's not straight piped.  I pulled the carb and ran brake cleaner through it and neighbor tuned it.  Helped him with some stuff.  I've already got water and food so no need to go join the masses freaking out and buying everything at the stores.  I've got storm shutters so the ones that aren't already closed normally will get closed when I remember or figure out that the storm is hitting.  SHTF I'm too close to a semi-major city so I sure as hell won't be sticking around.  Hurricanes I stay put, safer than fighting the idiots on the road, especially during a mandatory evac.  About the only thing I left I might do is mow the yard (lol) and possibly fill the coolers up with ice, but then I probably don't feel like lifting 120QT coolers filled with ice into the back of my truck.

• Like 1

Sounds like you're ready. Hopefully you guys don't bear the brunt of it.

I wouldn't say I'm ready, but apparently I'm more ready than a lot.  Having extra gas and making sure the generator works is really the only change I've made to my daily "do nothing" routine.  Maybe because I'm not watching/listening to the news with their fear mongering reports I'm just not worried.  That or I'm stupid, probably both.  I don't know where/when it's landing, at this point it's really just an educated guess anyway, but if it hits it hits.  If not well then life goes on and I get to go to work Monday.

The MSM does the exact same thing up here every winter, with every single winter storm. I swear they just want to start a panic ... for what reason, I have no idea. The weathermen are wrong 95% of the time anyway.

The best one was In February, 1978. They forecasted a "dusting" ... we got a major Nor'easter that dumped 3'-5' with drifts up to 10' in some places. "The Blizzard of '78" is now infamous in these parts. People were trapped on highways, trapped in their homes for days, etc.. No power for weeks.  Some dusting!!! ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chevyguy85 said:

I filled up the 3 cans I have.  EMP hit's I'm SOL since I don't have any Faraday cages, unless you count my microwave but that's dying already.  Neighbor helped me with my generator, we fabricated a bracket to hold the muffler on so now it's not straight piped.  I pulled the carb and ran brake cleaner through it and neighbor tuned it.  Helped him with some stuff.  I've already got water and food so no need to go join the masses freaking out and buying everything at the stores.  I've got storm shutters so the ones that aren't already closed normally will get closed when I remember or figure out that the storm is hitting.  SHTF I'm too close to a semi-major city so I sure as hell won't be sticking around.  Hurricanes I stay put, safer than fighting the idiots on the road, especially during a mandatory evac.  About the only thing I left I might do is mow the yard (lol) and possibly fill the coolers up with ice, but then I probably don't feel like lifting 120QT coolers filled with ice into the back of my truck.

If EMPs or major flare hits, a good third of the world or regions population is dead in a week. PopSci did an article a decade ago examining the Civil War era flare vs's today's world. I think it was 48 months to manufacturer and replace all the transformers in the country. The entire country's spare transformer reserves are laughable, that why you see articles about a hurricane and tornado hitting, then stories about power will be on in a few days once transformers from the other side of the country arrive. We don't have enough to go around. I actually had a daily visit to a transformer manufacturer for a few months, they had like 12 stored at one point. Every now and then a truck would pull up and take a half dozen. In a few weeks thee stock piles would be replenished. And there aren't many places making them in the event of a national tragedy.

• Like 2