Chit chat

SarahsGMC

UPS managed to turn the handle on my Wilton vise into a pretzel about 6 or so years ago. I still have no idea how they did this. Must've rammed it with the forklift at top speed! 

Vise-Wilton.jpg

Vise-new-Wilton.jpg

Almost got t boned. 

Leavingwork, going straight,

In the parking lot, some idiot thought they had the right of way because instead of turning left as they should, they veered left and cut through the empty lot to try to jump ahead.  They were so arrogant in their ignorance they honked. Kinda wish they hadn't stopped, perfect case for my dashcam.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

ItThe Mazda dealer that always recommends I replace new parts/fluid "because they are due from age" Did it again[to refresh, I got them pretty far down on the maintenance contract when I bought it, was $50 for oil/filter/rotation/inspection.Stupid me thought it was a "REAL inspection", and I would use it to document the car in constantly excellent condition, as this dealer was running a "lifetime power train warranty with proven regular maintenance" deal at the time. This brake fluid "needs immediate attention". Here is a screenshot of the video they sent me. See how nasty it is! Like black coffee in a clear milk jug :lol:?. One of these days their pants are going to combust.

Odoo3ps.jpg

I changed the transmission fluid this summer, they said it was due. I changed the brake fluid this summer, they said it was overdue. They said it badly needs an alignment, when I ask how far off of specification it is(a degree? 5? A tenth?) since it seems fine on the road, they say "ummm, what?"

14 down.....2 more to go. I have never given them an extra cent besides the drain plug they stripped, but the $13 was cheaper than my time that day to argue. Probably why they keep on lying.

Edited by SnakeEyeSS
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

At least they didn't attempt to attach it to cover the inner wheel's trajectory. ?

Just got back from yet another 1,400 mile plus journey this month in the 26 year old Volvo 940. Only casualty was the exhaust, right where the pipe goes up over the axle to the muffler. My ears are still ringing after listening to that for 9 hours yesterday ... ?

When we got home, I found the source of the burning plastic smell that came into the cabin every time we stopped. I had brought the 3 new parts of the timing cover assembly (upper, lower, and rear), in case I had to change the overdue timing belt along the way ... and the plastic covering they were sealed in melted to the floor of the trunk, thanks to the exhaust blowing straight up to the body, directly underneath the upper section of the trunk floor. Saw it all when I got home and had the trunk empty. I managed to pry 2 of them up, along with the box for the new distributor cap ... but the rear timing cover was STUCK - it came up in 7 pieces, with an 8th still fused to the carpet back there. Always an adventure!!  ?

GOPR1315.jpg

Edited by Jsdirt

• 1 month later...

I always did 150 lbs. on 8-lug HD trucks. I'm sure 140 would be plenty. My little half ton's 6-lug spec is 140.

• Like 1