Chit chat

SarahsGMC

I once saw some kids lay on the horn at a stoplight for some old fart that was obviously confused.  The old fart ended up putting his vehicle in reverse and backed into the kids car, then proceeded to go forward and on his way.  Funniest thing I've seen.  Don't be so eager to toot your horn at people, air horns or not.  You never know if someone will get out and shoot ya. 

• Haha 1

I've got a V8 and 8,000 lbs, I'll take them with me.  I want new bumpers anyway, if I shoot back they take my gun for the investigation so using my pickup has better outcome for me :-D  I'm more worried about the idiots on the road than I am about getting shot.  If they want to back into me and drive off then I've got video evidence of a hit and run.  That's what insurance and FHP are for.

• 2 weeks later...

Travelling through New Mexico today, see a sign for "Chinese Massage with Truck Parking" that is right on the interstate. 

Seems legit. :lol:

It's been quite a trip. Wife and kids and I all went West. A lot of crazy crap happened on the road this year's vacation.

• Like 1

Imcoming wall of text 

I encountered a white sedan that was driving at sunset with no lights on. I was the second car(first was a land Rover that quickly gave up) to try and get their attention. Unfortunately, Sherlock thought I was initiating some sort of road rage incident, and kept pacing me and looking over. I pointed at my lights, light controls, his lights, even a flashlight, flashing my lights of course, even flashing the flashing light at him, to no luck. I think he realized I wasn't mad because I wasn't telli g him he's number one, so he was just really confused. A Tesla model 3, being at least the third car to start flashing him(after watching my futile attempts while likely cracking up), and you could see how confused/distraught the lightless driver was before a figurative light blub went on, followed by his headlights. He then quickly left the area of traffic. 

In all my driving, the truckers are usually  the ones doing the best or doing their best. Has something happened were they are scraping the bottom of the barrel for drivers now?

Had a lot of people get mad at me because they can't drive. I have been o. Long road trips a LOT in my life, and this was the most bizarre 

First was a tractor trailer that moved into the passing lane as I was trying to pass him(cutting me off, and cutting it close) , I think he got over because he was afraid he was going to hit the vehicle TEN FEET off the side of the road. So I passed him on the right, he honked. If you have to cut off a car travelling way faster than you because you might hit a vehicle(It wasn't necessary to move over for safety reasons, and it wasnt an emergency vehicle that would trigger a law) more than an extra lane off the road, you probably need to hang the keys up.

Had a older Corolla start high beaming me because they were doing 25 in a 65 in the passing lane, with their hazard lights on. Because it was raining. I went on my way at 50 MPH with no issues, passi.g them and 50-60 other cars(some were braving the wild weather at 35 mph. I have never seen such a mob mentality "can't drive in this weather" phenomenon like that before. There were a good number of intelligent people that realized the weather was greater than their ability, and figure this, PARKED their car. Hats off to those (seriously, they were the safer ones). And for the record, it is illegal to drive with the hazards on in the state it happened in. My wife used to live there and warned me bad driving is pretty common there.

I was passing a semi in the passing lane, and was blowing past him(one of those cars can do 70 and trucks can only do 55 sections), and he almost moved over into me the few seconds I was beside him. Because it was also my fault he didn't look before he started chaning lanes, and he laid on his horn.

And the one that triggered me, a friggin tour bus that was I think I first saw  in an area of a national park that isn't supposed to have vehicles over 25 feet. The road are so tight and turn so hard a large vehicle will get into the oncoming lane. Anyone who has been in a NP has seen the signs that say "SLOWER VEHICLES MUST USE TURNOUT". This is for safety and courtesy, if you have been in an NP, you know why.  The idiot bus driver, while he was trying, could not pass 25 MPH in a 45 before he got to a turn he had to crawl around. And there were turnouts every half mile. And the signs telling him to use it even more frequently.  I flashed my high beams, I honked, I did the Indy/F1 styles wag, and he was either oblivous to the 25 car line behind him and the road laws, or just purposely single handedly holding up one of the three very long, two lane exit roads to the entire national park. At one point I floored it in the turnout and got behind him to lay on the horn, trying to say "hey, look at what this is!". Actually I think I yelled it(I was mad) Probably gave his elderly customers quite the story to tell, if they even knew what was going on. If there had been room I would have just passed him in the turn out. But there wasn't, had to do some fancy driving just to do what I did(actually quite proud of the manuver I pulled, scared the crap out of my wife, I put the car into a mild slide to avoid a guardrail, probably looked reckless as heck to the other driver :lol: I actually did something similar when I was 20 to scare the crap out of some friends that I was sick of having to haul around. Scared them so bad they never asked for a ride again, one left to change his pants)

Didn't work. If selfish or a moron, I don't know, but I do have it on dashcam and need to send it off to his company.

Then just after that, are big diesel electric company trucks going up a 16% grade at 20 in a 65 that wouldn't use turnouts. What blew my mind more is only a Mustang and I were willing to blow their doors off when we got a chance, everyone else stayed behind them as far as I could still see anyway.

Edited by SnakeEyeSS

Idiots everywhere, and they're multiplying ...

Back in '13 the wife and I took the Silverado out to CA. One stretch of I-80 in NV, I had a semi cut right over into the left lane, right in front of me. Nobody on the road - just me and that truck. I was doing over 90, and had to slam the brakes on HARD. Glad my wife was with me, or I might have done something stupid - I was certainly mad enough!! 

We have an HOV lane that runs about 40 miles with just a double white. Dotted when you can cross. Usually during rush hour it flows better than the other lanes. The problem is you can be going the speed limit. The non compliant drivers start illegally bouncing back and forth at drastically slower speed causing havoc. I tried driving slower, I don’t like traveling too much faster than other lanes because of the idiot bouncers. But the people behind me get mad in the HOV lane of course want to go faster than the posted speed. So I don’t use it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Got a letter from Honda saying some people are having DRL issues so the warranty is being extended to 10 years/unlimited miles for the headlights. It's one sealed unit and costs over 1k for each light.

That's some customer service. Mazda is having a the same problem and they are pretending it's not happening. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, RyanbabZ71 said:

T2? Arnold edition?

Ryan B.

:Lol: that was a Tundra. Meant T1. 

Been keeping my eye on off road oriented things, with all the National Parks I visited the last few years and areas I couldn't go.

Passport has my eye, their  4wd system is based on Honda's SH-AWD, and off road reviews says it's surprisingly good. About the same clearance as a Cherokee Trailhawk(more if you put similar tires on it), has the bulletproof EarthDreams J35, quicker than new V6 Blazer, and a Baja style racing company is making aftermarket stuff for it based on their race vehicles(which, surprising to me are based on Ridgelines, which they had to be pretty brave to start there). It'sHoping they get a facelift that changes the Fisher Price Cozy Coupe styling. a shame the AT4 SUVs are just a trim package. Blazer's resale is already looking abysmal. Curious how the mid size truck updates at GM will turn out, would like to see that turbo 4 in the ZR2 with a little more power, would probably be fantastic in high altitudes too.

Edited by SnakeEyeSS

I just passed a man this morning on my way to work.

He was riding one of those 50cc scooters, with a gallon of milk between the legs, a cell phone in his left hand and 

2 plastic sacks of groceries in his right (throttle) hand.

Couldn't help but think to myself.....   This guy needs a truck! :D