Chit chat

SarahsGMC

On 8/25/2019 at 8:47 PM, SnakeEyeSS said:

:Lol: that was a Tundra. Meant T1. 

Been keeping my eye on off road oriented things, with all the National Parks I visited the last few years and areas I couldn't go.

Passport has my eye, their  4wd system is based on Honda's SH-AWD, and off road reviews says it's surprisingly good. About the same clearance as a Cherokee Trailhawk(more if you put similar tires on it), has the bulletproof EarthDreams J35, quicker than new V6 Blazer, and a Baja style racing company is making aftermarket stuff for it based on their race vehicles(which, surprising to me are based on Ridgelines, which they had to be pretty brave to start there). It'sHoping they get a facelift that changes the Fisher Price Cozy Coupe styling. a shame the AT4 SUVs are just a trim package. Blazer's resale is already looking abysmal. Curious how the mid size truck updates at GM will turn out, would like to see that turbo 4 in the ZR2 with a little more power, would probably be fantastic in high altitudes too.

One review I read said the Kia Telluride is really good; the reviewer expected to hate it and ended up really liking it. Unfortunately, he didn't really say anything about the car itself. I don't know what its off road capability will be like but it should be a competitor to the Passport (unless I'm misremembering).

6 hours ago, Cpl_Punishment said:

One review I read said the Kia Telluride is really good; the reviewer expected to hate it and ended up really liking it. Unfortunately, he didn't really say anything about the car itself. I don't know what its off road capability will be like but it should be a competitor to the Passport (unless I'm misremembering).

I have looked into one at a dealer on a Sunday when I saw they had one, interiors looks great, I'd say more premium looking than the Alfa Stelvio.

Those of you who do oil analysis which company do you go with?  Never done one but curious to see what mine will show with 95k.

I used black stone however I am going to go with a local guy in the future (grandpa of a kid on my sons baseball team has a business)

Ryan B.
  • Like 1

This is who I am going with going forward.

https://www.jglubricantservices.com/

The owner is a sponsor of my sons baseball team and previously worked at Allison transmission. I can also drop off the samples [emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 2

Ryan, are the quickjacks, side by side, narrow enough to fit under the cars without driving over them? I figure if I get some I will store them like that under the CX-5. Then just need to slide them to the side when I need a lift. Anything I'm overlooking? Home Depot has the 7000 short one on sale. Still cheaper even with buying the extensions.

Edited by SnakeEyeSS

Ryan, are the quickjacks, side by side, narrow enough to fit under the cars without driving over them? I figure if I get some I will store them like that under the CX-5. Then just need to slide them to the side when I need a lift. Anything I'm overlooking? Home Depot has the 7000 short one on sale. Still cheaper even with buying the extensions.

You’re not supposed to drive over them. I slide mine under the Camaro with no issues

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I just want to thank my oh so amazing co-workers for their excellent handling of the brake set I ordered for my boat trailer.  Good thing they weren't back ordered for 2 or 3 weeks...Buddy sent me these since I had them shipped to his house.  https://imgur.com/a/FRSbMrk  Thankfully etrailer has pretty good customer support so I'm confident they'll make it right.  Just need to drive an hour to go get them.  Still need to order another set after we get this one replaced and installed.  Eventually I might even add brakes to the 3rd axle that don't have them already.

• Like 1

Looks like UPS, or the USPS got another one! ? Holy crapper - they must've been playing catch with them ...

I've had great luck with E-Trailer myself. Spent thousands there over the past 5 years. Best customer service out there.

Yep my coworkers at the big brown turd strike again.  What I don't understand is how the dang driver felt ok delivering that.  I didn't deliver something that bad when I used to deliver on saturdays.  Put it in the system as damaged and take it back to the building.

• Like 1